Trumpisms

I know most of you like Trump on this forum, that’s besides the point. We can have a little fun with the comments he makes. I’ll get it started.

Trump claims he is freezing gas price efficiency standards to save lives.

1 Like

What??? What have I done? :scream:

3 Likes

“The Trump administration gave notice earlier this year that it would roll back tough new fuel standards put into place in the waning days of the Obama administration. Anticipating the new regulation, California and 16 other states sued the Trump administration in May.”

Trump is a moron who makes stuff up to justify his current utterances as he goes along as he never bothers to study subject matter or get advice from a deep bench of experts. He’s a salesman who knows how to sell, not someone who knows how to build.

1 Like

Which person in the Trump administration? Was it in writing or in verbal?

Is it from Trump, or from an unnamed government “scientist”?

Government “scientists” can be fake scientists who serves more a political purpose than scientific purposes. I still don’t know the name of the scientist who said sea level would rise 5 feet or something like that. But I know it is not Obama.

“ The Trump administration says people would drive more and be exposed to increased risk if their cars get better gas mileage, an argument intended to justify freezing Obama-era toughening of fuel standards.”

The new administration has had a war on facts and it’s being pushed top down:

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2017-10-31/pruitt-guts-epa-science-panels-will-appoint-new-members

and the list goes on… we are living in a post fact world when the administration has broken our norms based democracy to undo decades long bipartisan research processes to fit their agenda

2 Likes

Even though I don’t like Trump, but Trump did not say that according to the article. You misunderstood.

It’s some unnamed “scientist” presenting some research showing more people can die when people drive more due to reduced cost per mile.

I dislike government “science” that serves as propaganda instead of seeking truth with rigorous peer review.

Also I support a $10k car registration fee to reduce driving. When everyone bikes or take trains, our planet will be super duper.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motor1.com/news/260862/fuel-economy-regulation-epa-proposal/amp/

Is anyone going to argue if people drive more total miles there will be more deaths? It’s been proven people drive less when gas prices increase. It sounds stupid, but it’s actually probably correct. Would it actually a meaningful difference? Probably not.

As for post fact, let’s look at the poster child who has a degree in economics.

“Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs”

"Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week.”

“One of the largest drivers of wealth inequality in the United States is inherited wealth.”

She’s an idiot too.

1 Like

Too many people like spouting off good feeling phrases that are not grounded in data

It will get worse. Asian immigrants will cause unprecedented increase in this type of inequality.

Less than 10% of millionaires inherited their wealth.

And I think quite a few studies showed that by the third generation most families squander their wealth. Hence the interest in trusts that skip generations or keep control of money out of the family’s hands. Basically becoming an annuity so that wealth can be preserved and built upon.

I think It’s just like any other policy ( legal injection , rent control), whatever party want to push their policy, they’ll write something to support it.

Are these stats same in Asia?

Internet is the source of wealth and income inequality. Expel Silicon Valley and Seattle from USA and we’ll be equal again.

No idea.

Japan has a very low wealth inequality. Japanese super rich people start to immigrate to Singapore and Australia.

Japanese people don’t complain, they just accept whatever they have and enjoy their life as is. Japanese don’t blame others for their own poverty. They would rather stay home all their life than blaming others for their own problem.