Uber is doomed

Assume I became a billionaire using buying FB at IPO price $38.

Later few months after if you purchased same FB at $17, what will be the difference between you and me?

You outsmart 100% over my purchase. Is it doable or not?

Buying IPO will not help, but watch out and grab it when it low. People may be skeptical on what I say.

How many times I waited for TSLA to come down. Every time, it gave me profit.

Read pages 19 to 34 of Margin of safety which explains conflict of interest of wall street, merchant banking and the ultimate investors who puts the money. This book has only 234 pages and that sells $500 to $2000 original book.

You can get it freely everywhere in the internet. use keywords in google => Margin of safety filetype:pdf

The only one rule:
Immediately after IPO, the stock will go up, never have FOMO, but wait for an opportunity.
Do research when it is low whether it is worth or not. Grab the stock when it is low.

If later feel missed the boat, never have FOMO, look out for next opportunity.

This will make you rich faster than buying an IPO.

This is very common issue with many IPOs. You know why? Any one explained?

Yes,

Read pages 19 to 34 of Margin of safety (Chapter 2) which explains conflict of interest of wall street, merchant banking and the ultimate investors who puts the money.

This is why I say investor needs to spend time reading the best books.

Look at the responses from reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/investing/comments/b34n4q/lyfts_ipo_is_already_oversubscribed/

Extreme couponing.

3 Likes

Respect the hustle.

Yup, why I donā€™t take Uber/Lyft from home to airport, or post on social media you are flying from point A to point B:

Did Uber pay the victim? Seems they should.

This is no different from taking a taxi from home to airport. I suspect youā€™ll say you donā€™t take a taxi either, which is fine except this is not a ding against Uber or Lyft :sunglasses:

My Uber/Lyft alternative is public transportation, so public transit still beats them in my perspective :wink:

Next time call @manch drive you to airport.

He might be worse than the Uber driverā€¦:scream_cat:

I am ā€œbetterā€. :smile:

Uber drivers chose to drive for Uber. Nobody put a gun to their heads. They know what the deal is before they signed up. WTF is all these ā€œlook at those poor driversā€ nonsense?

I remember seeing some survey saying Uber drivers are actually quite happy. Most cited the flexible schedule and no need to deal with a boss. It seems to me those are real benefits worth paying for in the form of lower wages.

2 Likes

Drivers should not feel entitled to equity, period. Junk article.

1 Like

To be blunt plenty of these kids have been on the road to nowhere for a while. Itā€™s certainly not Uberā€™s fault for giving them a job.

1 Like

Well the author was trying to make it into a sob story by writing about a 71 year old senior who has no savings to buy a new car to drive Uber. Are you kidding me? No wonder NYT is going down:

While he is an integral part of Uberā€™s success, Mr. Ashlock is barely getting by. His 2018 tax return will show an adjusted gross income in the neighborhood of $40,000, better than 2016 and 2017. But he has maxed out his $3,200 credit limit at the local Midas car-repair shop and needs to come up with $5,000 to pay his taxes. He has Social Security but no savings to buy a new car that will let him keep working.

1 Like

Maybe itā€™d have been better if Uber didnā€™t hire that 71-year-old grandpa according to that NYT reporter?

They will keep complaining and complaining until communism arrives. Then no one will need to work and everything will come to people magically. Everything will be equal, just like prior to civilization began. There would be no ownership. Everyone can pick and eat the apple and people who can not reach just die with a full equality.

We can use sticks or piggy back :grinning: or climb the trees.