Uh Oh, He Used All Caps

Talking about politians, not you and me. You and me are average people, Obama, Clinton, Trump and Bush are politicians. We are real people, they are real politicians :rofl:

Bush had an MBA, remember?

So education up to bachelor is good. But after that it rots your brain?

Is that a case of trying to overfit your bias?

Bush is the only president with an MBA.

So for top politicians, republicans are business people and democrats are lawyers.

Business people work. Lawyers divide properties and sue people.

Judicial branch is ok to be lawyer dominated. Executive branch should be more like CEOs and VPs, not public interest lawyers. Legislative branch should have many non-lawyers. Clinton said that we have too many lawyers. How to get rid of excessive lawyers from our government?

Median US income is $59k per household.

Not sure what you trying to say median income number. Hereā€™s the Pew survey stat:

Overall, 48% of all registered voters identify as Democrats or lean Democratic compared with 44% who identify as Republican or lean toward the GOP.

GOP is increasingly the party of uneducated white men, a demographic dead end.

Democrats are more like fierce blood sucking rent control tenant attorneys and Republicans are Like poorly educated landlord who is fixing clogged toilets

Democrats are more likely tech workers with STEM degrees and republicans uneducated blue collar factory workers. :smile:

You said median are the real Americans.

Why wouldnā€™t they be? A small minority is more real than the majority? More democrats than republicans.

True. Average educated STEM tech workers elect highly educated liberal arts lawyers to pursuade blue collar factory workers to outsource factory blue jobs

Iā€™m just pointing out that the bay area has nothing to do with median America.

Outsourcing makes good economic sense. Isnā€™t it like rich landlords trying to persuade renters Prop 10 is bad for them?

Democrats are like Jane Kim. Republicans are more like a plumber.

Uh, top 3 are Demosā€¦

How is outsourcing jobs related to prop 10?

Outsourcing is good for economy overall just like free market rental is good. But you will have a hard time convincing the less wealthy people.

1 Like

I understand that Prop 10 will hurt future tenants. However, outsourcing of jobs is more complex and its impact is not fully understood yet. Elite doctors and elite lawyers are all strongly against outsourcing of their jobs, or strongly against any reduction of barriers of entry.

Outsourcing is good for stock market, that I understand. Economy is not the same as stock price.

Itā€™s good for high skill people in tech who have far more potential customers and scale for their products. Itā€™s bad for low skill people who are easily replaced by cheaper people in other countries.

No more upskilling people? Do we want American to pick strawberries and assembly iphones? Or do we want to move up the value chain?

We need to spend more on training. Itā€™s not hard to understand. Outsourcing is more straightforward than rent control.

Itā€™s impossible to upskill a middle aged lawyer to become a software engineer. Itā€™s also very hard to train a middle aged auto worker to become a software engineer.

You can upskill the young people, but plenty of high school drop outs and plenty of college students who give up useful majors to pursue useless and jobless majors.

Itā€™s not easy.

I think we should make 70% of the lawyers jobless and let them retrain to do more useful job, maybe elderly care, plumbing, gardening.