Uh Oh....The Layoffs Begin

I think a lot of it was they culled some highly paid employees - cutting the fat on the top

3 Likes

That could also mean Apple is not taking enough risks.

Apple revenue in last 5 years, from 229B to 394B, 72% growth in 5 years:

Microsoft revenue in last 5 years, from 99B to 203B, 100% growth.

High growth in revenue is big deal? Can’t believe people still believe that after the massacre of high growth stocks in 2022. Shall I call this anchoring? Fossilized belief regardless of new evidence.

High revenue growth is always important. Don’t let temporary stock market fluctuations knock you off the true path.

Liquidity is finally returning after the dovish signals the Fed has been making. This year high growth names could shine again, at the expense of value traps.

You are brainwashed by financial literature. Revenue growth is necessary for the same margin in order to grow earning. Another way is to grow margin.

High revenue growth with high revenue acquisition expenses and/ or high SBC is not good. One more thing, organic revenue growth is better than revenue growth through acquisitions.

Only those that didn’t have too high cost of revenue acquisition and/ or excessive SBC.

Like which companies?

The current fuss over SBC is just a fad in the current environment. People are expecting recession and companies are in defense mode. But if we don’t have a recession, or if recession proves to be mild, aka if we achieve a soft landing, mood will change on a dime. Wall Street will again evaluate companies on their offense positions.

Besides, recessions take up only a small percentage of years. In most years economies expand. So in vast majority of years high revenue growth matters.

You are not wrong but not exactly right. This thread is about layoffs :slight_smile: I am in Las Vegas now :slight_smile: and enjoying myself. Next trip would be to Singapore, after that Europe or China, depending on Covid and other :face_with_hand_over_mouth: situation.

Good to see you not wasting your golden years in Texas. You should talk your wife into moving back to SG.

Track tech companies layoffs on this website: https://layoffs.fyi/

My portfolio companies Cloudfare, Snowflake and Nvidia don’t have any layoffs, yet.

1 Like

Nice what game do you play? I was there 1 week back

I came here to eat :slight_smile: , see … shows, and see houses.

1 Like

Expanding RE empire?

1 Like

Suddenly he’s waking up :grinning: now that the horse has almost bolted.

“I don’t think you want a management structure that’s just managers managing managers, managing managers, managing managers, managing the people who are doing the work,” Zuckerberg reportedly said during an internal Q&A session in late January, according to Command Line.

Earlier in January, the company’s chief product officer Chris Cox reportedly wrote a post on Meta’s communication platform Workplace about the need to “flatten” the company’s organizational structure, Command Line reported.

Old problem. Lots of papers on pros of flat organizational structure and matrix structure. Yet, to date, everywhere has tall hierarchical structure.

1 Like

Yup. People tend to get promoted for staying around long enough. That behavior leads to super bloated management hierarchies.

1 Like

Yeah and the Qn is what is their output then. At least the software engineer is building something. However, I do know Senior Directors who actually do software/hardware work hands on in addition to management stuff.

1 Like

Pay cuts??? coming???

1 Like

I think that’s the kiss of death. Only the below average employees will stay.

1 Like