We Are in Bear Market

losing money is boring news. you should be consistent in what you think is losing money, and what is money thrown in trash.

yt tv is not creating content, and yt prime or hwatever failed at original content.
cable companies almost own the content creation (right? i might be wrong). So we are the service provider there.

It’s all about user time, for ads, sub-diversifying user hours for ads is still a good idea. What’s your favorite company FB doing :slight_smile:

You said it’s subscription revenue not ad revenue, but the subscription revenue doesn’t even cover the cost. It’s structurally unprofitable without ad revenue, so it’s dependent on ad revenue.

FB isn’t paying others for content then charging less money for a subscription to it. Their content is free.

well it’s both. sure you are right, i did say that.

fb content is “users”. big difference.

Home_Ext_wall

We want to , but we can not fix as the outer wall has stones, hard to replace/drill without taking the stones.

I did not catch what you mean.

It’s even smarter and who else can compete with:

FB and 2B users creating content
IG and 1B users creating content

Anyone can start a streaming service by licensing other people’s content then charging people to watch it. Even NFLX realized that’s costly, and there’s no moat. It’s actually cheaper to create original content, and it creates a moat by being the only place to watch it.

FWIW: you have an entire generation growing up that spends hours everyday on YouTube but doesn’t watch TV. This is based on conversations with my friends. All their kids watch YouTube (all sorts of stuff on it) and none of them watch TV

1b users dont generate good content, and good ones are not discoverable. Many peoole started losing interest on what others are doing.

With yt, google can pivot into education market, kids content market, entertaibment market, etc…

Bear market and the topic turns into security cameras.

I know a security camera that taped this bear opening a car. :smile:

Futures are again quite negative. :scream:

Bear markets are great for people like us.

Grave dancers? :scream:

1 Like

Stock is all fun ! Tesla saved me !!

1 Like

Amzn sank the boat. Tell your daddy Bezos to take a good look at himself.

Dr. Evil

Elon needs to take over amazon. :smile:

4 Likes

Are you serious? Daily and monthly user counts keep increasing.

Google could do lots of things with YouTube, or it could totally screw it up and kill it. Personally, I’ll wait until they do something really innovative with it, since so far it’s just another ad serving platform.