We Are in Bear Market

You are quoting only 1 as if US is partial, I gave you 11 incidents to show it is common.

1 Like

Huh? Can’t trust you anymore since you’ve reading disability :thinking:. I am not the one who quoted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you say you are caught in cross fire ? :rofl:

1 Like

A number of strategists have underscored the recent spate of death crosses materializing—a death cross appeared in the S&P 500 index about 10 days ago and another formed in the small-capitalization oriented Russell 2000 index RUT in mid November.

The barrage of pessimistic death crosses isn’t the only worrying sign in markets.

MarketWatch columnist Philip van Doorn says more than half of the S&P 500’s constituents are in bear market, widely defined as a 20% drop from a recent apex.

Small cap tech are getting slaughtered today. Most of the sector charts are UGLY. with XLE, XLF, XLI, and XLY being the worse ones. It appears everyone is expecting yield curve inversion and a recession.

It’s interesting that our response to a recession is to aggressively lower rates. Then we eventually have to increase rates again which causes the next recession. I wonder if one could make an argument for fixed interest rates to avoid the periodic recessions. That or varying them within a much smaller range. With globalization, better consumer info, online shopping, etc, we have a lot of deflationary forces that never used to exist. The odds of runaway inflation seem very low considering we had interest rates near zero for years and barely had any inflation.

1 Like

:+1:

Prior to the Nixon shock in the early 1970s (getting off the gold standard), the Fed was not able to increase money supply via interest rate tinkering. In the grand scheme of things, the early 1970s is not long ago.

One could make the argument that getting the world off the gold standard is still an experiment in progress, of which we still yet don’t know the final results of.

2 Likes

:ok_hand:

In the grand scheme of things, human is a WIP :slight_smile: Will we be replaced by another species before the nova died?

1 Like

In 1972, when asked about the French revolution, the Chinese Premier Zhou En-Lai said, “It is too early to say…”

:grin:

(thought its debatable if he meant 1789 or 1968…)

1 Like

He meant 2018.

2018 French yellow vests is a very dangerous signal to leftists. French people think that a centrist is not enough to correct the leftist overshoot. They want a revolution instead of mild reforms. Maybe it made sense for Hillary and Biden to go to Europe and tell Europeans that they overshoot to the left.

So much winning from trump I can’t keep track.

1 Like

I hope fed can surprise us by reducing rather than increasing rates and cause a huge stock upswing.

Bro who’s delusional now? :smile:

It will hike and will say it will continue to hike. BWAHAHAHA :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

I think its Xi and not trump. He is crashing our economy by not being reasonable in trade.

If Xi wants, we can touch 30K by end of this month.

Well there goes your portfolio. Sell sell sell.

Trillion deficit for a 14-month sugar high. Thanks Trump.

1 Like

You are overstating the importance of China economy. China is still relatively a small player comparing to us. Trump made a mistake. If he had started the trade war as China vs the rest of the world, he would have already achieved his goal. Instead, Trump made it out as the US vs the rest of the world. Now the battle is much more difficult to win.

4 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

Folks that was sarcasm. Because posters here attributes everything to Trump when the market goes down but its always something else when it goes up.

1 Like