We Are in Bear Market

yep.

Good article on how much drivers really make. A lot less then you think.

1 Like

These two revenue source has other kind of revenue.

Google drive: It is used to store personal data, transfer place. They are secured and i use to backup my personal folder encrypted and stored in Google drive. For this, I subscribe to google with automatic billing. For company accounts, many small business entities subscribe regularly like me.

Gmail: For small business, even for my friend and for myself, we subscribe to google gmail and they become our email service provider for a subscription fee.

Most of the UC, CSU , and other educational institutions are using google gmail account customized for their organization (.edu) across USA paying multi-millions.

Google has been in such office service provider for many years since they are IPOed. I have been using their email subscription since then.

Nest cam: I have fixed 7 google nest cam (Security product) at my home, paying subscription to store 10 days of data at google cloud. They are coming into home security space and I have been using it appx last 3 years. Their quality is exceptional and available 24x7.

Uber has so many promotions (discounts for riders and extra pay for drivers) that the average ride loses money. They literally pay the driver more than the rider pays for the ride. That’s not a sustainable model. I’m sure that’s why they are talking up all the other things for their IPO.

Ride share is literally like groupon. There’s a reason a bunch of other companies quickly exited the groupon style business. They quickly realized there was no way to make money at it.

In a day, how many hours do you use your car? On the average, it is 2-3 hours. Rest of the 21 hours, cars are sitting idle.

When autonomous car driving (like WAYMO) is reality, Uber’s (Purchased cars) will run at least 16-20 hours on the road which will be high productivity and high profit margin.

Not if you include maintenance costs and depreciation of the car. Also, there isn’t always enough demand to keep all the cars running that many hours a day. Demand is highly variable depending on time of day, so outside of the few peak hours many cars will be idle.

I am not telling about personal car used for uber. When Uber buys autonomous vehicle (when it comes reality), they will be using it round the clock - like train service or bus service - using routing algorithms to pick up/drop off efficiently for many hours/day.

They will reduce idle time, increase bookings other than daily maintenance hours. If autonomous vehicle is reality in 5 or 10 years, entire service can be automated.

In future, Say if you need a car at 10 am and uber (or others) autonomous car arrives at 9:55 am at your home entrance, will you need a car for yourself?

When this has become reality, individual cars are luxury, as people can use such service near real time.

Imagine a car built for self driving. You can pack more people in it than you think :slight_smile:

I will throw the magical word: Margin. Low margin, sure, but scale wise it could be like amazon of transportation/logistics.

If cars are running non-stop, then they’ll be empty a lot of the time. They’ll be creating expenses without generating revenue. You’re basically describing replacing public buses with automated cars. Buses take forever, because they stop too often. The only people that take it are people that don’t have a choice. If you try to always fill the car with 4+ people, then the car will be stopping a lot increasing the time it takes to get to where you’re going.

@tomato That’s a terrible customer experience. It’ll take forever to get anywhere with all the stops required to keep the cars full.

2 Likes

ppl don’t need car in hk, but demand for car and parking space is unreal. ppl want their own car.

3 Likes

Same with Singapore. Status symbol. Definition of having made it

1 Like

Uber pool, lyft pool,etc.

My point is, if i can use your 1 hour commute to hook you up on yt tv, even better :slight_smile:

Please change to iCloud.

Please change to @icloud.com

You make a very bad lifetime mistake. Don’t use IoT.

1 Like

If self-driving, I want privacy. Only me, myself and I.

Status symbol in HK and in Singapore. Successfuls drive BMWs, Porches, Bentleys, Lamborghinis, Maserati…

Bear market and the topic turns into cars? OK…
I saw a video where a bear opened a car. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gmail: Google is secured, I do not have any doubt on their security and service. Most of the big educational institutions use their service. IMO, they are on top of security.

Nest Cam, excellent product, quality video and high up time service. Last 3 or 4 years using it, never gets into any issue.

Stock market decline: The signs of a bear market

Remind me on Nov 12, 2018 :rofl:

Unknown

chit

Uber pool/lyft is a hit.