What ever happened to beyond meat?

I hear goats are good for that :stuck_out_tongue:

Goats prefer grapes to weeds… pretty useless in a vineyard. Roundup is used on or near most food crops in the USA. EPA safe

Yeah, the EPA is crazy. Monsanto is going down…

If no one believes the EPA let’s get rid of it.

2 Likes

I never believed anything they have said. It’s a political organization pushing a religion. But even they have no problem with Roundup

Increases cancer risk?

1 Like

Cancer causes are indeterminate. That’s why the lawsuits keep coming. Same with mesothelioma and many other diseases.

Plenty of risks out there and plenty of ambulance chasing attorneys to take advantage. The problem is trying to feed billions of people.
You must weigh the risk of a few dying from indeterminate causes compared to millions dying from starvation.

I am a farmer. I try to use as few chemicals as possible. But unless you want to reduce population by 90% and our standard of living by 90% then we will have factory farming and chemicals with limited risk. The EPA has deemed Roundup safe. Of course you will always find studies that disagree… but what is their motive and methodology?
Any volunteers to help mowing and weed whacking on my farm. We pay with our award winning wine. Our 2019 vintage won gold at the Eldorado county fair. This is going to be a banner year after four years of low yields. Mowing and weeding is three times more work than in the drought years.

1 Like

All chemicals cause cancer. Be it, fertilizers, fodders, preservatives, coloring, artificial tastes, …

Cancer is a modern disease. Ditto for obesity and diabetes.

2 Likes

Before modern times life expectancy was 30-40.
So I will put up with risks of modernity.
If you life long enough something will kill you.

This is due to natural disasters (die of starvation), poor medical practices/ technology/ knowledge and wars. For example, simple practice of washing hands before eating increase life expectancy by leaps and bounds. Clean filtered water is another example.

2 Likes

Alcohol is a known carcinogen :smiley:

This is why I try to buy from small farms that have open houses or are well-known in the community.

Tyson is a reseller.

Live rural.
Free range chickens, free range people.

1 Like

Without alcohol I wouldn’t be on this forum… lol

2 Likes

:rofl: We’re that bad eh?

2 Likes

Life is about killing. Eat or be eaten. That’s the natural world. People that live in cities and buy their food prepared and cooked for them are so far removed from their food source they think they can create an artificial world where there food magically appears with no killing involved… a total fantasy.

2 Likes

Without alcohol the human species would have died out. In the ancient world it helped with making water safe to drink. In the modern world it inspires people to procreate. And once they have kids it makes it bearable to keep annoying children around.

1 Like