What is Facebook doing!

Can’t even buy a silly gif company

1 Like

That’s the problem with established companies vs startups. Startups get free money from Angels and spend lavishly. Investors of startups can stomach raw risks. Investors of established companies are generally risk averse and don’t like leading edge innovation aka gambles. Mark should tell those risk averse investors to go home and rewrite business books.

They’re investing $10B/yr with almost no revenue. It’s essentially a $10B/yr burn rate with no end in site. I think anyone would have a difficult time raising money for that.

If startup, exclude SBC, would be a couple of $100s M :melting_face: Don’t know what overhead is imputed. May be low for startup.

Or they could stop banning all their users. Just a thought.

1 Like

Maybe this is why Meta is not doing too well lately….

https://twitter.com/anothercohen/status/1584636815281033216

3 Likes
  • Headcount – Headcount was 87,314 as of September 30, 2022, an increase of 28% year-over-year.

Seriously why so many people? You guys work in tech. Teach me. Where are the economies of scale?

We expect 2022 total expenses to be in the range of $85-87 billion, updated from our prior outlook of $85-88 billion… We anticipate our full-year 2023 total expenses will be in the range of $96-101 billion.

Light more :dollar: billions on :fire:

2 Likes

:+1:

Pluck from the air,
a. Pay and promotion is based on size of team
b. Too much arguments in meetings lead to indecision and more unnecessary meetings
c. Because of agile methodology and WFH, more productive SWEs can do other stuffs after completing his assignment
d. High turnover so over-hire

Watch the video above to understand why so many employees. Gen-Z needs lots of time for lunch and workout.

Regulatory compliance issue, each country and their congress like government behind twitter, meta and googl to control the posting.

Meta, Googl and twitter are defacto social sites much more than news/media, lot criminals posts for various reasons.

Think of a world wide malls where millions of people come and go every hour. Social Site owners (CEOs, CFOs, COOs) are held responsible for any security and criminal activities happening with in that worldwide mall.

Reminder that Sheryl leaned out at the right time.

5 Likes

1 Like

Is it only 10? I thought it was more. Well I guess the rest of the 70 odd B is to keep the army of 85000 peeps going.

Very bullish for Meta!

Some observers joked Cramer’s apology today could be a good sign for Meta shares, as he’s gained such a reputation for getting things wrong that “inverse Cramer” became a meme on Twitter. The idea is that an investor can succeed by listening carefully to what he says and then betting on the exact opposite outcome.

2 Likes

By the way Cramer shorted Nvidia last month. Also extremely bullish for NVDA!

1 Like

Did they start to monetize WhatsApp? They are advertising the heck out of it. It’s funny. Now that they are struggling to grow Meta and Google are advertising on TV and other traditional media a lot more.