What Is Going On In San Diego?

Where in LA?

San Gabriel/Alhambra/Monterey Park area. Chinese food I had was just meh.

Better or worse than Bay Area?

Slight edge against the bay area but to my surprise also more pricey. Not comparable to Canada because the Chinese food is not on the same level at all - way better in Vancouver/Toronto.

1 Like

Yes , there is a conservative element to having a large naval/marine presence, but the flip side of it is there is less discrimination out here because people have learned to work with everyone else in the military and it has an effect on the civilian population,

2 Likes

LA #1
SF #5
SD #11

SF is still better than SD. But LA is a better place to invest

bring math sridhar there, let him handle.

There is a moratorium in South Lake Tahoe. With 1400 VHRs in limbo. Can’t sell as a VHR. A ban is on the ballot. There is an anti Airbnb, anti tourist movement worldwide. Wait till the next recession and they will begging these tourists to come back.

1 Like

Worth noting is the big development in Otay Mesa, about one mile from Mexico had zero opposition. The two other developments in the North Valley had a lot of opposition, which was a smoke screen for the actual opponents, NIMBys. They used concerns about fire safety to try to get the developments axed. The one in Otay Mesa is about 3 miles south of where I live. These are all in unincorporated areas of San Diego county.

1 Like

Nimbyies will use any lie necessary for their agenda. They don’t want any more people near them period.
They would be more credible it they were childless

1 Like

I am seeing price cuts everywhere. Tahoe, Placerville and Carson Valley locally