What Is Going On In San Diego?

San Diego is in a legal battle with VHRs . A ban was just relaxed. Same issue in South Lake Tahoe.

Why didn’t SD just follow SF’s fairly strict AirBnB rules??? Better than an outright ban…

They backed down. The ban in Tahoe is on the November ballot. The debate has gotten ugly. Airbnb is spending a lot of money on politics and lawyers.

Since you are an owner, which way you voting?

No on the ban. Tourists are our economy. My selfish old fart friends are all for the ban. Prop T will lose. And if not we’ll be tied up in litigation. Lots of anti ban money from Airbnb and VRBO

This is an international fight that is a headwind against Airbnb profits

1 Like

What about accidents, flat tires, inspections. Loading unloading. Putting on snow chains. Monitoring systems .Refueling.
Highjackers?
Driving is just one task truckers do.

1 Like

ICE raided a Korean market in San Diego and arrested 26 illegal aliens.

They are much more active in this area than other areas. It seems they have enhanced enforcement powers within 100 miles of any U.S. border. No day laborers stand outside the Home Depot here.

The employer is in trouble. They target the employer. What’s the penalty for the employer to hire undocumented? I think that 9th circuit may not do much to penalize the employer. But if they start to enforce penalty on employer, many undocumented workers will become unemployed for some time.

‘David Shaw, the HSI special agent in charge for San Diego, said the target of the investigation was the employer and not the employees.

“Honestly, if we didn’t encounter any employees, it wouldn’t make a difference for our case,” said Shaw. “Our case is based on the employer.”

Shaw said the execution of the federal search warrant was the culmination of a year-long investigation, but the employer had not yet been arrested or charged.

“One of the things we’re trying to do, obviously, is protect U.S. jobs, but it’s also a national security issue,” said Shaw.’

They may pursue the case based on human trafficking instead of immigration.

““One of the things we’re trying to do, obviously, is protect U.S. jobs, but it’s also a national security issue,” said Shaw.

The investigation began with an audit of the company’s I-9 forms — workplace documents that verify whether someone is eligible to work in the U.S., he said. The special agent emphasized his unit focuses on criminal investigations.

“So, if someone is smuggled into the country, and all of the sudden you pay me $10,000 to get into the country and now you don’t have the $10,000, well, now, guess what? I’m going to make you work, so it becomes a trafficking case too,” Shaw said.”

Dvele, a maker of prefab homes, has moved its entire staff from Santa Rosa to San Diego. What is interesting about this start up is it makes prefab luxury homes and you can go online and design your own

home.Prefab home startup Dvele gets $14M from investors, then moves headquarters to San Diego - The San Diego Union-Tribune