What other income stream other than RealEstate & Stock?

I had my fair share of those :slight_smile: But I moved on from that that my day job paid me well enough for me to focus on how to deploy those capitals. Knowing what I know about software and pace of change, I rather want to invest in business that has physical things in people daily life I saw on reddit that someone posted about buying some software related business too.

1 Like

Yes, in most campuses - by campus i mean ā€œgroups of buildingsā€. Like Main campus has 1 laundry facility, another group of buildings would have another. DEpends on density etc.

I used to go on Craigslistā€™s business for sale section for ideas. Pretty fun.

2 Likes

For software/internet businesses there is a pretty respected site. I can look it up.

This is not a good argument :slight_smile:

Another idea is vending machines. There are routes for sale on CL.

I watch Shark Tank for ideasā€¦:slight_smile:

1 Like

I think these simpler ideas are way oversaturated, not sure if thereā€™s much to be done.

Buy a tire shop, if you can find one. Always has demand.

For example.

Fedex route:
https://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opportunity/12-Highly-Profitable-FedEx-Ground-and-HD-Routes-San-Jose-California/1320897/?d=/wEFbCUyZmNhbGlmb3JuaWElMmZzYW50YS1jbGFyYS1jb3VudHktYnVzaW5lc3Nlcy1mb3Itc2FsZSUyZiUzZnElM2QlMmZ3RUZHV2x5UFRFbWF6MWhZbk5sYm5SbFpTWnVQU1p6Y0dsa1BUUSUzZA==

Auto repair:
https://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opportunity/Absentee-Auto-Repair-Shop-Net-187K/1442203/?d=/wEFbCUyZmNhbGlmb3JuaWElMmZzYW50YS1jbGFyYS1jb3VudHktYnVzaW5lc3Nlcy1mb3Itc2FsZSUyZiUzZnElM2QlMmZ3RUZHV2x5UFRFbWF6MWhZbk5sYm5SbFpTWnVQU1p6Y0dsa1BUUSUzZA==

I mean :slight_smile: plenty of theseā€¦
Key is: absentee. I donā€™t know how to evaluate any of this, though, so mostly browsing.

Thanks! So for 1.4M investment, earning EBITDA: $565K quite good? too good? @manch?

Most brick and mortar businesses I looked at have a PE of around 2. So the FedEx one is right in there. Yeah, itā€™s really that cheap.

But managing 14 people is it really hands free?

ā€œManagingā€ This is exactly what that person said. When we asked how come he was interested in these he said ā€œmanaging is something i do best, and thatā€™s the best way to generate incomeā€. That person already sold 3 startups (not homeruns, but nothing to cough on either), and he will be retiring at google, but heā€™s kicking alright!

1 Like

For my education, how much cashflow should this translate to? It says 565K roughly, but is that also take home pay? (super noob here).

Itā€™s better than working for someone, i guess, and you can expand.

The way I understand is (definitely not an expert there) EBITDA is something similar to CAP rate in Real Estate where it doesnā€™t care about your financing and tax situation. So, yes.

well, i guess this started taking my interest again - i was getting really bogged down with my primary home purchase, but once thatā€™s done, i should go back :slight_smile:

Better yet is if you can buy this in a ROTH IRA (my roth is not that big yet).

But you can pay into your 401k to shelter taxes!

Buying a home should be an entertaining process, not tortureā€¦

That is the unique income stream for you @manch. I donā€™t mind to see more highly targeted ad to me here in addition to Facebook :grimacing:

1 Like

Entrepreneur magazine ranks the top franchises every year in different categories. I donā€™t see how you can successfully run one while working a demanding tech job though. You could invest with someone else as a partner where they run it. That takes a lot of trust. They need enough ownership interest that they donā€™t quit on you.

2 Likes