What other income stream other than RealEstate & Stock?

What about this laundromat?

https://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opportunity/Laundromat-in-South-San-Jose/1480672/?d=/wEFZyUyZmNhbGlmb3JuaWElMmZzZXJ2aWNlLWJ1c2luZXNzZXMtZm9yLXNhbGUlMmYlM2ZxJTNkJTJmd0VGRzJseVBURW1hejFzWVhWdVpISnZiV0YwSm00OUpuTndhV1E5TXclM2QlM2Q=

Asking Price: $529,000
Gross Revenue: $286,000
Cash Flow: $118,000

1 Like

Itā€™s only business. Real estate is leased at $9500 per month.

@manch From the evergreen forum

Hi Everyone,
A very good running Popular Franchise Pizza Business for sale in San Jose West by owner serving Pizza, Salad, Wings and Sandwiches with all the equipment. No new equipment to buy. Very busy intersection in beautiful neighborhood. No transfer fee for Franchise. You can get Franchise or run your own pizza. Owner has some personal issues.
Asking $180000. If interested contact by Email.
Thank You.

.,._
Posted by: amarjit singh simar35@yahoo.com

1 Like

I assume that lease rate is calculated as part of cost of doing business. 118K for 529K investment is not bad? We all should run very hard to buy it, if it includes the building :slight_smile:

The important thing is how much of these can be run absentee.

1 Like

These ads always baffle me. If these seemingly low maintenance businesses are so great why are people selling them?

Iā€™m more interested in buying the building and rent to someone at 9500 per month.

Why buy a laundromat bisinesss for 500k? I can start one up with 50k and sell to you for 500k

2 Likes

Well they definitely arenā€™t low maintenance, but can cash flow very well with hard work.

This article is scary.
There will be a shakeout in the franchise held fast food space. The smaller players will have to fold I think. Donā€™t see how they can pay 20$/hr and still sell food <10$.

1 Like

Wow. You are a superb spy!!! :+1:

If the numbers are real I can understand why they sell. The seller is getting 5 yearsā€™ worth of profit in one shot. People have different needs for money. From their perspective it could be ā€œwhy not?ā€

Laundromats? You just need to hire a person to sit there and maybe put an out of order sign up when those machines go out of commission.

I think you made it sound too easy. Nothing beats rentals when it comes to passive income in terms of low maintenance, except stocks of courseā€¦

Hang around here, sprout some BS, get pay rise of 16% and occasional 4% one day capital appreciationšŸ§“

1 Like

$500k for a business that takes 5 years to break even. Way overpricedā€¦Put the $500k into a passive investment and make close to that.

The dirty secret is the laundry business is often audited by the IRS. Great cash business . Hard to spend all that cash ā€¦ need a Swiss bank account.

1 Like

My accountant said she wonā€™t do taxes for restaurant owners. Too much dirty business going on. So the IRS audit risk is there.

Yes, a PE of 5 is too rich. Most brick and mortars Iā€™ve seen are valued at around 2. I donā€™t think they can find buyers at this price.

3 Likes

Why arenā€™t there more teenagers working? Are parents that rich now that kids donā€™t have to work?

The current generation wants to start at $100k. Not many willing to start in a min wage job designed for teenagers.

5 Likes

This ^. And also the article claims more teenagers are trying to spend doing work to boost their scholarship chances and lower their tuition. Working in restaurants is not one of them.

Unless itā€™s a soup kitchen so they can show off their community service spirit :slight_smile: