Where Do You Stand On The Subject Of H-1B Visas?

Ugh, can anyone report the facts anymore? The Obama rule is being challenged in court. It will probably lose. Trump is opting to not fight the legal challenge. Trump didn’t pass any rule. He didn’t undo any rule. He’s simply not continuing a legal fight that’ll likely result in a loss. That doesn’t create a cool headline to smear Trump as being anti immigrant though.

https://www.fragomen.com/insights/alerts/dhs-plans-propose-significant-changes-h-1b-h-4-and-practical-training-rules-2018

I am not a _____________supporter, but I will defend him to death no matter what and I will deflect on the subject as a paid shill. . :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Is it me, or I am an idiot not understanding the following:

“The Trump administration has published plans to stop issuing work permits for spouses of H-1B holders. This confirms a report by The Chronicle last month that said the administration intended to overturn a 2015 rule that allowed the”

Sharing for people that will actually understand it.

:sweat_smile:

@buyinghouse There’s no way you read the article that fast. You’d rather talk non-sense out your ass than be informed.

“Now the employment status of thousands of spouses hangs in the balance thanks to a lawsuit filed in 2015 by Save Jobs USA, an organization composed of IT workers who claim they lost their jobs to H-1B visa holders.

The Save Jobs lawsuit, which landed in a federal appeals court, contends that the H-4 authorizations are taking away jobs from American citizens and that the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) did not have the authority to create a new employment visa category. Only Congress can authorize H-4 spouses to work, it said.”

The choice was keep fighting the lawsuit which most experts say would be losing effort or rescind the order.

http://www.sfgate.com/business/article/More-H-1B-hopefuls-denied-under-Trump-data-show-12437578.php?t=9541a238ea

Ellen Krengel, an immigration attorney, was asked to justify a visa for a rocket scientist: “It’s frustrating when you have a case that before would have been a slam-dunk approval and then to get this type of query.” Her client ultimately got a visa.
Government data show that despite the higher denial rate, most applications get approved. Zendesk, the San Francisco software company, said all of its H-1B petitions that received requests for evidence this year were accepted, and immigration lawyers around the country report similar success.

1 Like

LOL…a janitor you said? :grin::laughing::rofl::crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

I heard on the channel news, without reading the report, that the visa holders will need to go back to their country of origin to renew their visas. Good luck on that one!

I support the idea that if you are hired for a job in the US and you are foreigner, you come here without any baggage. No kids, no spouse. Otherwise, you create a chain migration, the same chain migration this administration is trying to stop. It also puts the center of attention on a spouse that without any work permit is bound to be seen as a slave or the mother of “anchor babies”. Republicans have hated for many years this, the famous “family reunion” thing. I dare to say that, maybe, many of posters here may be a product of that.

I also think that you need to live and work in the US 5 or more years in order to obtain a green card. Probably between 10-15 years to get your citizenship status. Nothing is easy, nor free in this US.

Oh, I may upset people, but there’s a need to change some regulations when it comes to visitors. No pregnant women should be allowed into the US and those allowed should be given an entry for a week or two, providing they are not about to deliver the baby.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-island-where-chinese-mothers-deliver-american-babies/ar-BBH6qRw?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

wow! :open_mouth:

What if you want some batting practice??? (relax, no hate posts…)

if the rule is in effect , then the housing market will crash big time.

Well, here it is where the whole enchilada develops.

If you are here under that type of visa and are profoundly in love with the type of life you are enjoying, but forget the warnings that you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket, aka housing, and no savings, then you are bound to either sell what you bought or just rent it and swallow your pride while you get a new visa. If you don’t get a visa, then, sorry, my condolences to you.

My sister married a long “in love with her” guy since 9th grade. While she is waiting for the paperwork to be accepted, her life is miserable. She can’t work, she can’t do crap but looking at the ceiling in their apartment.

And, while I was waiting for my citizenship interview, something I call laughable because any idiot can pass that test, I met an Indian guy, 15 years in the waiting for that interview.

From my own experience, believe me, once you have lived in this country for a year, a couple of years, you fall in love with it and you don’t want to go back to that thing called home.

And this is what I hate from the immigration world. Some people, like the Saipan report abuse of the immigration rules, I don’t have anything against a mother looking for the best for their kids, but some other people who aren’t lying about their intentions to come to the US by crossing the border illegally, even though they worked here for 20 years don’t deserve anything. Even after their kids have died in wars for this country.

Will it??? We have enough folks even here to pick up the slack…:wink:

But, if the guys leaving are your tenants? :wink:

I know lot of indians and chinese waiting for their green cards long time. Priority date for India EB2 still struck at 2008 for last 3 years. Not at all moving…

1 Like

It won’t get better with this administration. Though, anybody can call me crazy, but I believe they are working on revamping the immigration laws. It seems they won’t allow any green card holder to petition anybody but after becoming citizens.

My brother in law was told by his lawyer that it’s coming, if you petition your wife or husband, s/he better be educated and know English, which I believe it is not a problem with Indians and maybe Chinese. No more bringing your mom or pop here, why? They will be a public charge sooner or later without having worked a day in the US.

Those who voted for this administration but have relatives on immigration process will feel the pain, I don’t know if they will feel ashamed. They will if they have integrity and honesty and care for their people. Narcissist won’t feel a thing.