Which Is Better: Richmond Or Sunset?

Disagree, not when you live in sunset and see the sun once a week during the summer. That’s why weather like millbrae and San Mateo are so desirable, away from the fog

If you are as old as I am, the cold of the Sunset used to be always mentioned even more so than now. Sure, I live here so I am biased, but frankly you hear very much less of that kind of negativity towards the Sunset these days. Up until the crazy wet winter we just had, we had relatively balmy years here in the Sunset and again who knows what is happening with Mother Earth but it has been warming out here (and everywhere) and not as cold as in years past. If persistent heat is more of the norm, people will increasingly want to get away from it as opposed to wanting to go towards it.

The best weather in the BA is Redwood City…only 15" of rain…75-80 all summer…No fog and no AC needed

In the past, Oakland was always considered pretty ideal for weather year round.

fog in daly city is overstated. it has gone down a lot last 20 years. And if you check out westlake olypmic area, there’s really not much fog.

Agreed! I used to hear and drink the Kool-Aid that Daly City is no good and how it is too foggy and cold. A lot of that talk I honestly don’t hear as much (granted I also don’t know a lot of folks who live in DC). It is funny how warts/blemishes of an area are miraculously no longer concerns like they once were when price is taken into consideration…

Ok, we Sunseters will take that…

1 Like

Haha if you live on or near skyline dr, you may be lucky to see the sun once a week in the summer

That’s still better than living in an oven that is the South Bay and a toaster that is the east bay.

1 Like

100+ favorites on this property that is steps away from the mortuary…

Hi, yes, can you tell me if you guys are scheduled to have any funerals between 2-4pm next Sat and Sun? What, how many? Come on! Can’t the dead just wait a few more hours? Hello? Hello?

Come on, it’s 4 blocks away from the mortuary. It’s location is nonetheless very busy… lots of stores, traffic, and activities.

What are you talking about? The house is practically right next to it with the parking lot as the divider. Sounds like you are talking about the one on 9th Ave, but there is another one across from Taco Bell on 6th.

Really??? Well the one on the 9th is the only one I know :smile:

Both!!! West is Best!!!

1 Like

Live in the green, work in very bright red :neutral_face:

That doesn’t help much… :neutral_face:

I guess Richmonders want to stay low key…

This house is in the prestigious Lake area, better than Richmond, and yet not selling. Why? Price is low.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/1325-Lake-St-94118/home/1530683

Most people still consider Lake as part of the Richmond (unless of course if you owned/lived there…)

Why no actual interior pictures? Lazy RE agents…

From the map, it looks like to be a block from Park Presidio, so maybe a tad more car traffic coming to and from?

Looks pretty nice and if you are saying cheap compared to comps then I don’t know. Maybe the Sunset is taking all of the buyers away???