Why Trump won

How about plumbers versed in Shakespeare? :smile:

Great article in the WSJ…It explains what I am talking about…Liberal urban elites are the problem, not the solution. .

Yes, there will always be a need for physical laborers to do work that cannot be automated but this is a job segment that has only seen modest growth. More routine desk and physical labor (including truck driver jobs eventually) has or will be lost to automation forever. Meanwhile, skilled jobs have grown substantially.

1 Like

Educated layabouts are a danger to society. .Read Eric Hoffer…An over educated entitled spolied rich class of young people are more dangerous than working class hard working laborers. .The 911 conspirators were all spoiled over educated members of Saudi Arabias elite…

Manch, how many farmers do you know? Have you ever lived or worked on a farm? Your stereotyping of farmers is no worse than Trumps stereotyping of all muslims as terrorists. You’ve gone so left you’ve rotated around to the right!

2 Likes

I would say any working aged male layabouts are a danger to society…education level, red vs blue doesn’t matter. Why we should be providing retraining into available jobs as @manch suggests. Educated or uneducated everyone who wants a job should have one that pays at least a livable wage.

1 Like

Twhitler won because most of uneducated voters…well…voted for him without knowing for a fact what is Obamacare and what’s ACA. That was seen in the rural, the mining areas, the red states that are realizing now that not only they will not get their jobs as promised, that they will lose their ACA, they are mad at that fact, they want to keep it, but they want Obamacare gone! :stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was speaking to a very conservative person and he mentioned FDR’s administration. From that date on, the US started to lose the battle against poverty and ignorance. That can be visible with the 100’s of thousands of immigrants coming to take the jobs that the Americans should be doing. And this is another factor to talk about. Americans got too lazy, too entitled, they forgot to sweat, to work hard with whatever it’s available, and who else is there to take that job? The hard working immigrants that will work to put food on their table rather than depending on the welfare check. Laziness is a factor you should consider.

How can a country that developed the computer, dominated the internet, got to a point that can't graduate enough people to work on its programming? Is it a lack of  vision? Careless?

Yes, “we are not winning anymore” said an idiot somewhere. But hey! Let’s spend $50 billion in putting futuristic weapons on the hands of our loser soldiers.

Anyway, the education system has failed. If you don’t believe it, look at the guy in the white house. He can’t elaborate a complete sentence, nor he can speak fluently like a statesman. Mom and dad have to come to school to explain the teacher what he tried to mean. He starts talking about the ocean, to finish his narration on how the Martians invaded Saturn. It seems I am in the same club, aren’t I?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s not zero sum. We need some farmers. They have a hard but essential job. There is a larger job market for programmers though. I bet that is what @manch was getting at.

2 Likes

The foxes watching the henhouse…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They provide great healthcare…oh, that’s why Obamacare was a disaster then…:sweat_smile:

Agreed. Trump or Hillary. They aren’t going to solve anyone’s problems. Have to get out and bust your ass.

1 Like

I don’t think I stereotyped any farmers. I just speak from a purely numeric perspective:

Which profession will see bigger demand, farmers or programmers?

Which profession makes more money, farmers or programmers?

If you were parent of a young child, would you encourage him or her to go into farming? Or work in a tech company like google?

Actually I don’t think programming is all that essential either. I can foresee a not so distant future the more mundane type of programming be done by AI. That’s the nature of progress though. We all have to upgrade ourselves. No one is spared.

1 Like

Don’t worry about a thing, ladies. :wink:

1 Like

What is really scary…The President is using the language of authoritarian propaganda and it barely registers. Day 39.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/02/27/exclusive-president-trump-new-york-times-intent-is-so-evil-and-so-bad-they-write-lies/

4 Likes

This is a great article

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2017-new-unemployment

It adds a human dimension to some of what we have been discussing. Many people can’t find jobs because of their felony records:

The war on drugs takes a heavy toll. Speaking of drugs, there’s an opioid epidemic in the Rust Belt.

“We’re not out there with shovels and coal anymore,” Pfeifer says. “We’ll just about hire anybody that we can get our hands on if the person comes in drug-free and they show up for work on time.”

The complicated jobs, which pay $12 to $20 an hour, plus health care and benefits, require sober workers. Sitting in his office behind a wide wooden desk strewn with manila folders and steel samples, Pfeifer explains that his company has a zero tolerance policy: If you’re using drugs, you’re out.

Read the whole thing.

1 Like

Is using marijuana considered sober? I suspect that 80% of millenials are marijuana users

2 Likes

Do you see the huge number of working age people that aren’t looking or don’t want to work? I doubt they are living off investment income or trust funds. Those are the people that have given up hope. I have no idea what we do about people that can’t stay clean. The criminal record is tricky. We want them to become productive members of society, but how’s that going to happen if no one hires them? They’ll go back to crime to make money.

The block of people who don’t work and aren’t looking are becoming a big percentage. They’d be a formidable voting block. I’m sure ideas such as taxing the rich more, rent control, etc are appealing to them. If they become a big enough group, they’ll vote to use the government to redistribute money from the rich. I’m not sure how you protect for that. LLC so you don’t personally own anything?.

1 Like

Lot of people gave up…Trump was their way of saying f**k off to everyone else…

4 Likes

For those who did vote F off, this ==>

“Feeling lost and desperate is a terrible thing. But if, out of loss and desperation, you drink 20 cold beers out of the old preparation room and smash your car into a daycare center, the judge is not going to care how lost and desperate you felt. You build your own prisons in this life. You design your own sentences.”

2 Likes

Could be the lifestyle of that era. Read an article, middle aged Chinese men in China are dying earlier. Fake news or lifestyle of that era?