Why Trump won

There are still debate over what causes cancer. Some say is lifestyle. Some say is food and beverages. Heredity is just one of the reason. I lumped cell eat cell into cell reproduction, may be should used cell failure… just don’t want to give a long list… trying to just use one two words. Cancer is not caused by external agents such as bacteria or viruses. Is a failure of something in our human body.

Your chart didn’t superimpose home ownership rates, so I don’t know.

Obesity is a major risk factor for all those diseases. It’s not a coincidence the US obesity rate is sky high, and we slender a ton on healthcare. Japan’s obesity rate is 3%, and they sound far less per capita in healthcare.

Home ownership rate.

The house price chart is nominal. Hard to tell.

It’s hard to just blame Fannie when there can be a host of other factors. I never hear people in Iowa or Ohio complain they can’t afford a house. If the policy goal of Fannie is so that regular joes and Janes can buy a house that seems like a success to me.

I am interested in the breasts implants data though. Link?

Fannie and Freddie are good ideas generally, we just need to make them run conservatively and not giving loans to unqualified people. Even FHA has been pretty good and overall taxpayer does not spend much on mortgage subsidies at all.

Healthcare is totally different. It’s a quality of life issue, not directly related to productivity and economy. Some part of healthcare is essential services everyone should get. Some part is discretional and not everyone should be allowed to afford. Healthcare is a sink hole for the happiness of the people. I think we need to provide different levels of healthcare to people.

It would cost less if we have health education classes at school and mandatory 1 hour daily P.E. classes at school and mandatory 30min workout at work. Instead of a fine for lack of health insurance, we can impose a fine on lack of exercise. This fine can be imposed on school, employer and individuals. Implant an activity monitor on high risk people, give their family/school/employer a fine if these high risk people do not exercise enough. For people who pay for healthcare out of their own pocket, waive the fine and let them indulge in unhealthy life habits. For everyone else, deprive their freedom to get unhealthy in order to manage healthcare costs. haha :relaxed:

Well your chart seems to support what I said.

From 1940 to 1980, prices go up, home ownership also go up. Effect of increase demand with supply trying to catch up.

From 1980 to 1995, nimbyism kicks in limiting supply forcing prices to continue to appreciate even as home ownership declined because of macro conditions. I speculate that landlord investors come in taking advantage of the nimbyism limiting supply.

The rest too lazy to interpret, just run along the argument.

How is it a success when the home ownership rate is unchanged except for the NINJA loan period? The same percent own a home and now homes are far more expensive. All we did is trap people in more debt to become home buyers. Is that progress?

Home price is all relative to the job market of the area. Homes in Detroit are dirt cheap to us, but the home ownership rate is only 46%. Do you know anyone in Ohio or Iowa?

You can research implant prices.

Because your timeline is too short.

Fannie was founded in 1938 during the Great Depression as part of the New Deal. There is a 20 point jump in owner occupied mix after Fannie.

1 Like

This is called a control, implied by Dodd-Frank Act !

1 Like

Here’s an old article of Avik Roy on why American health care cost is so high:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2012/05/12/how-employer-sponsored-insurance-drives-up-health-costs/#4bd5242aea2e

He puts the blame on tax-free status of health care benefits. Not only are consumers not paying for doctors’ visits and hospitals stay, insurance is footing the bills. Consumers are not even paying the insurance premium directly. Their employers are, because of a quirk in the tax code. There is an utter lack of market signal.

So the GOP plan fixes that, right? Wrong. It actually makes it even worse by postponing Obama’s Cadillac tax. The entire bill is burning garbage. Lest you accuse Avik as liberal. No, he’s a conservative.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/03/07/house-gops-obamacare-replacement-will-make-coverage-unaffordable-for-millions-otherwise-its-great/#34f2b20637fd

1 Like

Fannie and Freddie didn’t start directly buying mortgages until 1973. That’s when prices stated the hockey slope upwards. That’s when the whole MBS security craze was born under the cover of helping people afford homes.

If costs and charges are not controlled the whole healthcare system is doomed…Insurance and employers cant solve the problem…The fed government has to impose limits on doctors salaries, drug charges, hospital fees, and stop ambulance chasing lawyers…Single payer, rationed care is the only solution with a $50 office visit fee to discourage wasteful visits…plus a $25 drug max charge…

1 Like

Actually some are triggered by a viral infection. Hepatitis predisposes people to some cancers as does herpes. There are likely other viruses that predispose people to cancer but we haven’t discovered the connection yet.
Oh and Marcus - every smoker who dies of lung cancer would have died of something else had they not smoked; it just would have taken longer. Smokers save the health and SS billions by dieing in their productive, tax paying years or shortly thereafter instead of nickel and diming the system for ages after they stop working and then running up the same bills everyone else tends to in their last 6-12 months. Their choice and no, it isn’t costing you or me money; it’s saving us money.
Oh and here are the most common cancers. Lung cancer makes up about one fifth and even less of all cancers.

Everybody is making a buck on top of the people suffering the effects of stupidity.

So we should all be patriotic and smoke to die sooner?

Your choice.
Sort of like “Logan’s Run” only it’s voluntary.
Oh and for you fans of single payer here’s an article on it’s impending collapse in England. Some of the temporary bandaids like letting smokers and fat people die might go over with some of our posters but even that won’t save it in the long run.
http://www.investors.com/politics/commentary/u-s-shouldnt-copy-u-k-s-collapsing-single-payer-health-care-system/

I guess he won since there aren’t enough poor people. I guess Trump voters do ok for being allegedly uneducated and dumb. http://www.businessinsider.com/exit-polls-who-voted-for-trump-clinton-2016-11/#the-racial-divide-between-democratic-and-republican-voters-was-clear-3

I do not think this derivation right.

1. Republicans always support tax reductions
  2. Democrats always add tax on people head, esp on higher earning people.

Naturally, all higher income group esp above 200k tend to support republicans.

Your data seems to imply that the common belief that the uneducated and dumb voted for Trump is wrong. They voted for HC.

1 Like