Will Facebook Rock Our World Today?

That’s why it’s important to choose the right leader (or just be lucky and happened to work for the right leader). Same with investments. Doesn’t matter what the technology is or what the company is about. Just go for someone with vision.

2 Likes

People should delete their facebook accounts and move over to Instagram and WhatsApp. I heard their management is much better.

2 Likes

Loved what CEO of techonomy said recently : FB got drunk on their growth and didn’t care at all about the privacy/data security of the very users its making money off of.

Don’t think Mark is at the level of even Tim Cook. Tim Cook said is not about the bloody ROI :rofl:

At a shareholders meeting on Friday, CEO Tim Cook angrily defended Apple’s environmentally-friendly practices against a request from the conservative National Center for Public Policy Research (NCPPR) to drop those practices if they ever became unprofitable.

“When we work on making our devices accessible by the blind,” he said, “I don’t consider the bloody ROI.” He said that the same thing about environmental issues, worker safety, and other areas where Apple is a leader.

You miss the point. People is angry that they didn’t get a share of the revenue by those Cambridge guys.

Amid all the “data breach” drama FB is down only 9% YTD. You’d have thought it’s down 30% or something for all the “sky is falling” talk.

3 Likes

Come on, you’re a landlord, it always starts as only a drip…

Never, ever, piss off your customer/user…

https://www.bloomberg.com/gadfly/articles/2018-03-26/users-built-facebook-s-empire-and-they-can-crumble-it

Did your wife delete her Facebook account?

No way, the girl is sooooo into Facebook Mark Z has to commit genocide before she deletes it. This is her primary way to communicate with family and friends back at home (via pictures of food, etc) and her gang of exercise buddies here. In fact, I might tell her to go and buy some shares since she has a few grand cash sitting in a Schwab account…

1 Like

Who is buying?

Looks like I’m buying more on April, 20th.

Did you buy calls today?

Multiply that by more than a billion and you see Mark & gang has nothing to worry.

1 Like

Fair enough, perhaps just a bump in the road, OR unless someone comes up with something new and better to use…

4 Likes

My friend who’s Facebook security posted a link to this article.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/business/article/Facebook-Executive-s-2016-Memo-Shows-Company-12792364.php

Ok, says Ms. Presidio Terrace Owners Buddy…