Will Facebook Rock Our World Today?

The blame game…

or the truth. She runs the operation, responsible for the bolts and nuts. Mark is the public face. She should spend less time leaning forward.

Even if it’s true, Things like this should be handled in-house. Ease her out if she’s not performing.

Done in house. Some employees don’t like her leak out to the public. Similar type of leak for the Googler that got fired for an internal proposal.

$120 for FB :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@manch is kind of quiet these days…

Target fundamentally strong stocks (do your DD) and time your purchase using WB’s margin of safety (30% below intrinsic value) or Princess’ 52 week low or your favorite TA or FUD stories or just DCA purchase mindlessly for a long period of time.

1 Like

Why would he step down???

News/media wants circulation, advertisements and money.

They talk all nonsensical ideas so that people click and read sensational issues.

2 Likes

The execs bailing are from companies they acquired. Those execs were holding back monetization of assets. It’s actually good for shareholders that they left.

3 Likes

It’s actually quite uncommon for top execs of acquired companies to last as long as they did in Facebook. Most bail right after their mandatory stay period expires.

1 Like

Zuck is not joking when he said he’s working hard to address facebook’s problems.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/mark-zuckerberg/a-blueprint-for-content-governance-and-enforcement/10156443129621634/

1 Like

FB has proven they will out execute everyone in the space.

Huh? Many made it as SVPs and VPs in Apple. Remember Bob Mansfield? I recalled (too lazy to verify) that he is a founder of a small graphic chip company.

Sister?

Unknown

1 Like

Facebook investors could double their money in three to five years according to Whitney Tilson, Kase Learning founder. He opined that about 1 billion new mobile users would get connected and would be using FB and GOOG products and services but will not be buying iPhones (because they don’t have much money? So sell their souls for free services?)

IMHO, double would be disappointing to manch as he would loose his bet with me. FB has to hit $1T market cap by Dec 2022 to have any chance of having a market cap higher than AAPL or he lose :slight_smile: Assumption is AAPL would go back above $1T.

The guy said “at least double”. Yeah, doubling would be disappointing. Let’s shoot for 10x. :smile:

Facebook is still being dinged by the 2016 scandal. That’s 2 years old news. This thing will pass. Narratives change. We just saw the narratives on Apple changed 180 degrees overnight.

Facebook owns human relationships. It will be worth more than Google.

Let me check… yes, my FB holdings are more than Goog, so I do hope that’s the case… :rofl: