Wow, Wealthiest Neighborhood On Earth

Hey @hanera, my wife does believe that Singporeans are really snobby and that they look down on the Malaysians.

Absolutely, Singaporeansā€™ days are numbered. The Malyasians will exact revenge on them for all their past slights and mistreatmentsā€¦ :rofl:

Here is an update on HKā€¦

$2000 USD / sq ft. That sounds high for Tsuen Wan, but then again Iā€™m totally out of touch with HKREā€¦ I use to remember that area was considered the boonies.

Why compete with a billion Chinese people for land and housing when you have an abundance of options here in America.

1 Like

Well, some of us like @dioworld is moving back there right? Always good to know about other neighborhoods, even if they are on the other side of the worldā€¦

I will move back there if and only the living standards of the whole country has caught up with America. Yes, I am tracking their GDP per capita every yearā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

Tsuen Wan is a hot spot now because of the easy access to Shenzhen via shuttle (I heard you can get there faster than other areas in the New Territories like Yuen Long, even though YL is technically closer distance wise to Shenzhen).

By ā€œshuttleā€ you mean bus? If so Tsuen Wan is not so close. Tuen Mun is closer. I took a shuttle bus from Tuen Mun to Guangzhou three months back and it was pretty fast. But with the new high speed rail nothing will beat that.

I think you have it backward. Itā€™s always better if you have more money than locals. You can hire an army of servants to take care of you. If you wait until the whole countryā€™s living standard catches up why bother moving? It will be the same as here.

How long was your commute from Tuen Mun? I heard you can get to Shenzhen from Tsuen Wan in 20 min via the shuttle bus.

I think itā€™s around 20 to 30 minutes?

Tsuen Wan to Shenzhen in 20 minutes seems physically impossibleā€¦

Umā€¦ yes you might be rightā€¦ :rofl:

I take it back. I just looked at the map. Yes, you can drive from Tsuen Wan to Shenzhen in 20 minutes without traffic.

1 Like

Tsuen Wan, huh.

Growing up, I was told not to go north of Mong Kok, and I think Iā€™ve only been to Sham Shui Po couple of times to buy pirated software :wink:

So yes, I missed the boat on Shen Zhen big time. Back then, Sha Tin was also considered ā€œup & comingā€ but we laughed it up as boonies. Iā€™d imagine Sha Tin has finally ā€œcomeā€ now?

is about to get even more wealthierā€¦

Let them shoot for the moon, not impressed at allā€¦ :frowning_face:

Geez, $1K/sq ft is nothingā€¦

OMGā€¦ talk about people who need to grow upā€¦ who would still need money from their parents well into their 30s??? Only Hong Kongersā€¦ :rofl:

Oh waitā€¦ I think thatā€™s the definition of inheritance. Okā€¦ not just Hong Kongersā€¦ :rofl: