Wow, Wealthiest Neighborhood On Earth

When can we have the condo price at $3M for 200sf? Guess everyone can retire by then.

“With apartments of 200 square feet going for the equivalent of $3 million, they “feel they can’t get on the housing ladder,” Ma said.”

HONG Kong people are pretty well off. Only 6 families compete for 1 public housing unit. I would guessed 50,000 families for 1 unit.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/17/rising-rates-imperil-worlds-priciest-property-market-hong-kong.html

The change, set to take effect from the beginning of next year, will require Hong Kong residents who stay or earn their main income on the mainland for more than 183 days a year to pay tax on any other earnings around the world.

Based on what I’ve read this applies to everyone living in mainland for more than half a year. Maybe good news for @dioworld…fire sale coming up?

This is very authentic.

Quora: What is normal in Hong Kong, but weird in other places?

• Living in a shoe box apartment while having a brand new BMW / Audi as your personal car. At time there are even Bentleys. Fancy cars are everywhere.

Are there many places that have shoe box apartments?

Even SG doesn’t have shoe box apartments. I don’t know.

The latest nano flat making the news is one with only 90 ft. Yup, 90 square feet. But developer said it’s sold together with the big apartment next to it. Maybe as a maid room?

Check out the size chart on the left. A king size bed is 42 sq ft. Jail cell is 75. It’s smaller than a parking space, which is 135 sq ft. :smile:

Didn’t I post something about “coffin” apartments before in HK???

If it weren’t for the 24 (although then more expensive), buy this one, @dioworld!!!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-20/what-446-million-buys-in-hong-kong-this-four-bedroom-knockdown

i can buy the bathroom inside haha

2 Likes

Sometimes even having billions can’t save you…RIP:

He’s an adulterer.

Not surprising - if you have money and status there is a higher chance of unscrupulous women gluing themselves onto you.

1 Like

Say what you want, but I would rather be here (in the Bay Area), able to choose from Stanford or UCSF for a freaking paper cut if I so desired…

1 Like

The guy had a stroke and was not sent to the hospital and treated within the golden hour. Stanford or UCSF would not have been able to save him.

1 Like