Wow, Wealthiest Neighborhood On Earth

Here, again… what is your excuse now? That the article is dated???

You mean not? I came here to learn how to have sex :joy: I heard there are many willing teachers :heart_eyes: and partners :cold_sweat:

For some reason, our Fearless Leader and Miss Fav Millennial forgot about a simple concept called: follow the money. Where has all that China and HK money been going to all these years? Sure, a lot of places including the US. If HK were the bomb, money would be staying home essentially. Simple as that. A perfect example might be, do you see Singaporians sending money out of their country? No, because well their country is quite awesome already so why move money overseas.

Do people leave Hong Kong for the US for our sky high medical costs?

Here I repeat myself one more time: people come to US doesn’t mean US is better in everything.

Seriously do you think US is the best in every damn thing? E V E R Y T H I N G?

Ok, now you are splitting hairs. Did I ever said the US is better in every single way? Body of work again…We can take shots, rightfully so, but overall the US is still the place to be. Come on, be proud of this great nation. Our light has been reduced under The Donald but we shall prevail…

Good we are getting somewhere now that you can see US is not the paradise and it is not the best in every damn thing.

Let me break it to you. Healthcare in HK is actually better than the US. Sure, US can have the best hospital in the world but 99% of the time you don’t need that. How often do you go down to Stanford to see a doc?

HK healthcare is better because it’s affordable. If I got sick I can just walk down to my neighborhood clinic and pay cash. It won’t be $1k USD or some ridiculous amount. And unlike here I don’t need to call for appointment and try to convince the person that yes I am sick eff you can I see a doctor now? In HK you don’t need to worry about an ambulance ride costing 10k.

2 Likes

Apparently once every 3 years. And we don’t have insurance for it. Hrm.

Yes, US is better in everything, especially when compared to Hong Kong.

Tell that UCLA guy who after eating at more than 7000 restaurants here said his favorite dish is soy sauce on rice at home. :smile:

He’s full of crap.

2 Likes

This must be in american people blood - us is the best.
Only way to stay the best is to constantly improve, i hope that also happens. I came here not because it’s the best, but because it’s aiming to be better.

1 Like

Trump is now actively trying to do harm to China so US can stay number 1. That’s a low blow I didn’t expect coming from America.

1 Like

Nothing to worry about. Everything will dissipate after 11/6. I bet Xi is looking at his watch too.

What do you mean? Elections? Dems will win?

Dems will lose, but Trump will likely tone down as far as trade war is concerned.

1 Like

Will not work. Look at Germany WWII. Best way is to support China’s rise to the top like the way Britain supported America back then. Win win or lose lose.

Obviously you have never really faced a true health crisis where it truly was touch or go. You have been lucky. When and if you do, you would want the best that money can buy. Who is to say that that rich guy in HK wouldn’t have benefited from a wellness program or better proactive medical care that he could have easily afforded here or there? The fact is, he is gone. Sure, no proof of anything wrong with HK healthcare system but it certainly isn’t a vote of confidence either IMO.

Think your great HK hospital can do this? I don’t think so.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-09/world-s-least-affordable-housing-market-gets-densest-apartments