You Gotta Love BART

1 Like

Yes, the black market exists with BART parking spaces too…

2 Likes

They should ride Uber or Lyft. For most people. it will cost them like $5, even cheaper if they do UberPool or LyftLine. The professionals in Lamorinda can afford that.

1 Like

Did you see the report on the news recently about how Uber and Lyft impacts negatively the ridership on cities’ public transportation systems? I guess I am really old school, but I usually will figure out what bus route to take and/or walk as much as I can.

Work 100% subsidizes the bus. I still know a ton of employees that use Uber/Lyft instead. It’s much faster even if they use the pool option to make it lower cost. They also have a punch card type option where you can buy 10 rides of the same route for a discounted price. They are valid for 1 month then expire. The real advantage is they aren’t impacted by surge pricing.

1 Like

What I am saying is supporting public transit since these people aren’t taking the bus anyway.

For SF, I’m sure many people wouldn’t mind taking the bus if Muni wasn’t such a $h!tshow.

I have been here all my life and while Muni has had better days the system is fairly extensive considering we are only 7x7. Frankly, people are simply too lazy to use the bus system. They have been spoiled by the ride share industry. Come on, how hard is it now when you have apps that tell you when the next bus is coming?

“BART’s numbers show that parking permit demand is highest in the suburbs. At West Dublin/Pleasanton Station, 4,607 people are lined up for 140 permitted spaces. Walnut Creek has 3,862 people jockeying for 200 monthly permit spots. And in Lafayette, 3,738 people linger on a wait-list for 304 monthly permits, at a station that draws commuters from as far away as Dixon and Davis (Yolo County).”

WTF??? And we wonder why Bart ridership is down? Because the people can’t park at Bart. Why in the world are they suggesting building housing there? Seems like they should be building 5 story parking structures.

" The planned surface lot at Antioch Station, scheduled to open next year with 850 spaces at a cost of $16.4 million, will likely be BART’s last parking expansion."

What??? Why does it cost so much to make a paved parking lot???

Seriously? They can’t just buy what works for others? This is a serious waste of tax payer dollars.

1 Like

Yeah. Seirously. It’s called reinventing the wheel. Almost literally.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Think of it as free tour? :joy:

1 Like

meh. still riding BART nonetheless but they need to figure this out, also raising fares over the next 4-5 years likely won’t help

1 Like

The sounder train only has a reader to scan Orca cards. There’s no turnstile or anything. I’m not sure if they verify people paid on the train or not. It doesn’t have the crime issues of BART.