You Want Excellent Chinese Food, Manch?

“Asian cuisine”? Asia is a freaking huge continent. Where in Asia exactly?

Sounds phony.

1 Like
1 Like

Come on, just advertise to us Chinese as all you an eat crab fests!!! We can wipe out any buffet!!!

Seems like boom not a bust. Blue crabs taste a lot better than eels mussels and clams

“Teachable moment.” Japanese food, not Chinese, but lesson applies. After you cook the rice don’t leave it out too long.

For sushi, vinegar is added to prevent food poisoning.
Also, should always eat ginger and wasabi when eating sushi and sashimi.

Nearly all US wasabi is fake. Horseradish, green food coloring and artificial flavoring. The real stuff is expensive and doesn’t keep long.

1 Like

What is the best brand for mooncakes (for sale in USA)? Try many brands, all :-1:

Local SF Golden Gate Bakery, famous for its egg custard, apparently had the queue go a block long this past weekend. My sister in law was trying to get some and came back near the end of the day when the line calmed down. Not cheap, these cakes. Ave around $12 or $15 a cake, so at least $50 a box if not way more. I believe all types of flavors like bitter melon??? I am old school and too simple, I like the plain jane ones with no egg from Eastern Bakery. My understanding is that Golden Gate Bakery now owns Eastern Bakery.

Never heard of bitter melon in pastries before.

I like the combination moon cake from Huy Ky bakery, a brand based in San Diego.

1 Like

I was at 99 ranch yesterday and the mooncakes are SHOCKINGLY expensive y’all! A box of 4 now costs over 50 bucks???!!!

:cry:

Best soup dumplings in the Bay… (trying to sell the wife on moving to Fremont!!!)

https://www.sfchronicle.com/projects/2023/soup-dumplings-sf-bay-area/