Youtube Shooting

Agreed. This kind of thing could happen at Facebook next. I know a lot of people who feel that Facebook is censoring people and deleting real accounts without cause.

She was angry at YouTube for censoring her videos. She feels her freedom of speech is violated. She likens YouTube to Hitler and other dictators in other countries.

She thinks that YouTube targeted her and made her videos harder to reach users. This might as well be true.

Overall, she has a very strong political feeling. But I think we have to understand her from her personal life. Her personal life is the key to understand her final breakdown and murder suicide.

Sheā€™s using extreme political feelings to hide her failures and frustrations in her personal life. She needs a husband or a good job to have an independent normal life. She targeted her frustration at YouTube instead of herself or her family. Her parents and brothers may put a lot of pressure on her as she goes to 40s without a husband or a job.

Persian men are mostly conservative. Will Persian men accept the politically active and racy YouTube video making woman as wife?

https://www.theglobaldispatch.com/internet-celebrity-nasim-najafi-aghdam-identified-as-youtube-shooter-likened-youtube-to-hitler-85039/

From her websiteā€™s homepage: ā€œBE AWARE! Dictatorship exists in all countries but with different tactics! They only care for personal short term profits & do anything to reach their goals even by fooling simple-minded people, hiding the truth, manipulating science & everything, putting public mental & physical health at risk, abusing non-human animals, polluting environment, destroying family values, promoting materialism & sexual degeneration in the name of freedom,ā€¦ā€¦ & turning people into programmed robots! ā€œMake the lie big, Make it simple, Keep saying it, And eventually they will believe itā€ Adolf Hitlerā€¦ There is no free speech in real world & you will be suppressed for telling the truth that is not supported by the system. Videos of targeted users are filtered & merely relegated, so that people can hardly see their videos! There is no equal growth opportunity on YOUTUBE or any other video sharing site, your channel will grow if they want to!!!ā€
Aghdam said YouTube had imposed an age restriction on her ab work out videos because it was deemed too racy. She claimed that some YouTube videos featuring singers Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj were ā€˜inappropriateā€™ for children but were not subject to the same restrictions.

1 Like

Are Afghanistans also white?

The Caucasus Mountain where ā€œwhiteā€ people supposedly originated stretch from Georgia to northern Iran.

1 Like

The fact is, that under the current circumstances, this lady is a right wing activist against a liberal joint as Youtube. You know, those who beach and moan about their amendments being violated.

Disregarding the above, call her liberal or conservative, the point is that what else any psycho or terrorist can cause so much psychological and physical damage, other than grabbing a gun?

So, in the name of not being PC, and to honor the lack of empathy gun hoes on this forum, ā€œitā€™s the gun &*%$ā€!

No other country has seen and still sees this kind of scene almost in a daily basis. Are you a fish in the barrel or want to change the current affair?

Like somebody said here, be ready, it may come to a theater nearby you. And you will wish never, ever, being an apologetic subject for gun proliferation. We are, slightly, by the inch, becoming a militarized country. From teachers, you name the profession or activity, we all are going to be armed to defend ourselves against the next nut job that gets triggered by anything.

I can tell you that I have been a witness, 30 seconds later, of a shooting where I saw myself in the middle of the street with a dead body on my feet, with a huge hole on the back of the head, and itā€™s not funny, nor gracious to see blood or life coming out of a body. And the consequences of somebody being killed go beyond the emotional effect on the family, it spreads around and makes society tremble for anything that sound like a gun going off.

Guns are the problem, people are the conduct.

This is going to be a costly experience for any type of company having bunches of individuals, and them, having so many problems among them. ā€œif he/she did it, why not me?ā€.

Anybody, no matter how mentally healthy s/he feels they are, can go postal any minute now. And that goes to the moment I was told the lady I loved for 9 years was cheating on me for 6 months before I left her. If I had that gunā€¦

Homcide rate of US: 4.88
Homicide rate of Guatemala: 31.21

Guess which country arrests anyone caught with a gun? Guatemala with a population of 16.6M and GDP per capita of $4,100 has an estimated 900,000 illegal guns. These are poor people that can barely afford to eat, and they are able to afford illegal guns. So explain how/why gun control laws would work in the US when people in the US have much higher incomes to purchase illegal guns?

homicide rate is calculated per 100k population. Japan has a homicide rate less than 1. China 1.2. Russia 12. Venezuela 50.

Central America has the highest murder rate, why?

Singapore is only 0.2. We need to learn how Singapore teaches its people to not kill and not violent.

ā€œOut of curiosity I went to check numbers and found that Russiaā€™s Rate is circa 12, US-6, Central America countries like Venezuela-50 according to UN. Indeed Rate is high comparing to US or EU countries. There might be lot of reasons behind in my opinion but majors are poor medical care, low income, bad social habits like liquor abuse and drugs. Taking these into account situation is seemed serious as country is struggling to have population growth.ā€

Gun control and murdurer rate seems to be not correlated. Culture, religion may have a better correlation. Law can be revised to execute all the people who kills other poeple, no question asked. If you kill 1 person, you got shot once. If you kill 10 people, you get shot by 10 people simultaneously to death. Will this help?

We need to find a way to educate people so that they donā€™t kill people with guns, knife, cars etc. When itā€™s safe, nobody needs a gun. If you live in Singapore, there will be need to own a gun.

Iranā€™s murdurer rate is half of USA. So religion can improve homocide rate. Gun control may have a little effect, but it wonā€™t be dramatic. Since education, religion and love are universally accepted, not like gun control, we can use education/religion/love/family/friendship as of today to reduce homicide.

We can also have a strict mental health registration program. Mental disease control will be 100 times more effective than gun control. Mentally dangerous people should lose the freedom to buy guns or steal guns.

1 Like

Dropbox on lockdown todayā€¦

Stay careful SFers.

ā€œHamilton, who is diagnosed as schizophrenic, is reportedly off his medicineā€

At what point do we take a firmer stance on involuntarily committing people to facilities?

When they steal guns and threaten to shoot people?

1 Like

You canā€™t even commit people involuntarily in Russia. Lord knows I would love to have my mother in law committed.

2 Likes

The same dumb people keep posting graphics, data, as if that will defeat the purpose of the new generation that will wipe out this stupidity in the white house and all those gun hoes that think they know it all.

Gun proliferation is a business, and those supporting it someday will cry over their stupid stupor.

Itā€™s the gun idiot!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/30/family-of-8-thats-feared-dead-after-suv-plunged-off-cliff-had-troubled-home-life-neighbors-say/?utm_term=.cd474ccbcc96

Blame the car. We need to ban cars.