AAPL and Apple

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Today Aug 25, lowest since 6 days ago is $166.25 :grimacing: New imaged chart (no change in count),

6 days ago, worry if below $165.

1 Like

Since @manch comment, almost quadruple.

1 Like

To date, much of the attention on a potential Justice Department case against Apple has focused on its App Store, the only way for users to download applications on iPhones and iPads. But the case DOJ is now considering extends well beyond the Apple-controlled payment system and the high commissions that have drawn the ire of software developers for years, according to the individuals.

Prosecutors are also homing in on whether and how Apple’s control over its physical devices harms competitors beyond app developers.

Businesses are trying hard to make more $ from the Apple ecosystem, which has to be very lucrative, otherwise, should just leave rather than sue.

Refer to post 18 days ago, quoted for easy reference. AAPL started the pull back…
Will AAPL meet the third condition? That is, MACD stays above zero during the pull back.
Watching with open mouth, hardly breath…

18 days ago…

Just in case, the comment below refer to weekly chart. The para after refers to daily chart.

I see green :slight_smile: A few more trading days of green, we could see AAPL has a golden cross :moneybag: Own AAPL if you have to own individual stock, otherwise S&P. Golden cross = 50-day SMA crosses above 200-day SMA.

Ofc is true, CAGR since 1997 is 31%.

Current 200-day is SMA = $160.71. Above means resumption of uptrend.

1 Like

For @manch’s eyes,
TAM of iPhone is growing.

21 days ago…

More evidence is not plateau-ing…

https://9to5mac.com/2022/09/02/iphone-us-market-share/

CSS Insight analyst Ben Woods agrees, saying that while quarterly shipments may grab the headlines, Apple just “quietly grabs more share every year.”

:moneybag:

“Anyone who buys an iPhone whether it’s second-hand, third-hand, or fourth-hand will probably give Apple some money buying apps, paying for iCloud, using Apple Music, or transacting on Apple Pay. And that’s a model that no one else, really, has been able to replicate.”

Services services don’t just deliver revenue: they deliver mega profits too. While Apple’s overall margin is around 37-38%, it’s estimated that Services margins exceed 70%.

Services :moneybag: :moneybag:

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-02/self-driving-ceo-floats-possible-sale-to-apple-or-microsoft

Aurora Innovation Inc.’s chief executive officer recently laid out a range of options for the self-driving company to respond to worsening market conditions and partners pushing out timelines, including a possible sale to Apple Inc. or Microsoft Corp., according to a document seen by Bloomberg.

Unsurprisingly, Tesla customers have the ideal profile of potential Apple car customers: "Over 50% of Tesla owners would ‘definitely consider’ a future Apple vehicle; everyone should be prepared,” Edwards said.

Using stage analysis 200-day SMA closing price, AAPL has been in stage 2 since 2000s.

Have you FOMOed into AAPL in 1983’s ATH, price went nowhere for 20 years :scream: However, if you die-die hold on, CAGR from 1983 till today is 17% :moneybag: far better than S&P.

1 Like

Will Apple or Google buys Snapchat? Tons of synergy yet not much overlap.

If happen, expect the market for AR headsets + metaverse industry to explode.

Any1 can give a valued assessment?

$18B…

NO !

Normally, big companies are miser in spending the cash for takeover as they have plenty of choices to takeover tiny companies.

If AAPL offer say 20B or 25B to SNAP, the cash reserve is drained off, what will they get out of it every quarter? If they deploy the 1B in some projects, say next version of iphone or new products, they mint money.

Second, any loss(now) making company like SNAP will bound to make more loss during rate hike environment. They may have corporate inefficiency too.

Such big companies will takeover a company less than 1B very easily, 3B somewhat easily or max 6B company. Unless big companies see major profits, they won’t spare a dime !

See MCI+worldcom how it was taken over and what happened later.

Had TWTR was taken over by Elon Musk, he would have created mess for his whole life! He is escaped from big issues.

1 Like

What about issuing shares? 0.7% is not very dilutive. I believe can easily make back the offer price.

:+1: Scope for improvement.

Ain’t both about the same size?

Yes, big takers are disasters for companies.

Since you know AAPL, I am giving that example. AAPL pays 25B diluting shares, the value comes down appx $145-$150 first with takeover.

Since AAPL took over SNAP 25B, what is the profit increase for AAPL next year?
Sales 387.54+4.54, Profit = 99.63 - 0.83, Naturally EPS is coming down.

What about EPS growth? It may come down 9.48 (which is priced with $155), it may be 8.5% or 7.5%.
The stock price of AAPL may come down further more $145 to $135 or even $125.
Would you or Warren Buffet like it? They will silently through away Tim Cook. Will TC take such risk?

Since I know you I am quoting this.

• In your past you would have sold some AAPL shares to buy a home, primary homes. Why, you knew well ahead that will give you good return and now you had it working correctly. That is your vision as CEO of your own empire!

• Whereas you did not come forward and sell similar amount of AAPL shares to buy TSLA when WQJ showed/posted 3350 shares.

• Why? You were not envisioning good return from TSLA by selling AAPL shares.

Same thing now Tim Cook or Sundar Pichai needs to envision what will be the future of our company if I take over SNAP? If they do not see any plan, they won’t make any more.

Normally, takeovers are handled by a group of team members for 1-3 months of planning (Not easy task) .

I see…

from…

:moneybag:

Your computation is adding two financial results, no synergy considered?
That way of computation is correct for conglomerate, not for synergistic acquisition.

IMHO, is worthwhile for TC to instruct the team to do the computation for synergistic acquisition.

I just said it simply to show how investor must think about mergers (our point of view) whether a merger will happen or will not happen.

Your computation is adding two financial results, no synergy considered? => Those are very big work that company merger teams will work on. They will be making 500 pages report and 25 pages summary…etc

If I try to do that big work, I will be wasting my time. Definitely, it is not my interest at all !!!