AAPL and Apple

Wrong. My wife doesn’t allow it. Just like I have to invest in RE even though I hate the trouble of being a landlord. I recalled I mentioned many times.

1 Like

Do not take it personal. I just told that an example. Actually, Tim Cook or Sundar Pitchai must be convinced to take over any company. Their outlook may be entirely different from our outlook.

Merger is a part of business and may not be main motive. First, they are answerable for growth & other operational issues.

Snapchat lost charm when they declined offer from FB.

Never look at market price as it can change. See the financials, it does not sound right. It is bound to go down easily.

If SNAP is doing well, no chance it will be acquired.

There will be plenty of other companies available soon, some may file bankruptcies too eventually. SNAP may even go to $1 and can also be delisted, who knows ! Next 3-5 years are real issue for economy.

LOL: Unless you have boat load of SNAP shares, there is no point expecting AAPL or GOOGL to take over it.

Then wait for SNAP to go to $1 :slight_smile: or acquire VUZI.

Btw, is not a question about decision making process. Is a question of whether there is synergy.

Another potential acquisition, TDOC. IMHO, strategy of TDOC is good but execution is :-1: Market cap is less than $5B and P/S ~2. My feeling is that many potential synergistic acquisition didn’t happen is because of no culture fit or simply Apple is not ready to charge into the industry big time.

A DD on TDOC.

Huge optionality (popular fancy word). Apple is taking its own sweet time to evolve.
. Metaverse
. Healthcare
. FinTech
. AV
. AdTech

“Far out” Apple event started.

1 Like

@Jil

iPhone has satellite :grinning: feature too.

Will upgrade 12 pro to the new 14 pro, and get a pair of Airpod pro :wink:

Waiting for iphone 14 release and may go for Airpod pro (most likely) !

1 Like

It is up to you to find the provider (May be GSAT) and do some research. If GSAT is AAPL supplier, I do not know why it crashed 16% today.

I am buying…
iPhone 14 Pro Max
AirPods Pro (2nd gen)
Apple Watch Ultra

The service, first available in the U.S. and Canada starting in November, will be free for two years, Apple said, though it did not get into what it might cost after that period. By that point Lynk and Starlink will likely have their services up and running, and the former at least aims to provide emergency text and SOS capability for free across the globe.

Look like this is just a start. In future (about 2 years later), should be able to do more through Lynk and Starlink. iPhone 16 is likely to have more advanced satellite features.

World population = 7.92B so installed base of Apple devices ~ 25% of world population.

Tim Cook,

Apple needs to work hard to monetize this huge installed base… FinTech, AdTech, … moving too slow.

Do more to speed up adoption of iMessage and Apple Watch.
May be acquire Telegram? Also Snapchat and TDOC. Reduce buying back shares.

1 Like

If they increase Adtech, I don’t know where I would move. Not to Google, but hopefully somewhere else non Apple.

1 Like

No imagination works. Better to focus on GSAT and its growth.

Someone who wants to buy GSAT must read and fully understand the implications of the stock movement before buying.

GlobalStar (GSAT) funding process as Apple’s (AAPL) satellite operator

Don’t think is a long term buy n hold.

You can opt out.

Instead of spending time on TDOC and SNAP kind of imaginary takeovers, better to spend time on GSAT.

Globalstar, Inc. provides mobile satellite services worldwide. The company offers duplex two-way voice and data products, including mobile voice and data satellite communications services and equipment for remote business continuity, recreational usage, safety, emergency preparedness and response, and other applications; fixed voice and data satellite communications services and equipment at industrial, commercial, and residential sites, as well as rural villages and ships; and data modem services and equipment. It also provides SPOT consumer retail products, such as SPOT satellite GPS messenger for personal tracking, emergency location, and messaging solutions; and SPOT Trace, an anti-theft and asset tracking device. In addition, the company offers commercial Internet of Things one-way transmission products to track cargo containers and rail cars, as well as to monitor utility meters, and oil and gas assets. Further, it sells wholesale minutes to independent gateway operators (IGOs); and provides engineering services, such as hardware and software designs to develop specific applications; and installation of gateways and antennas. The company distributes its products directly, as well as through independent agents, dealers and resellers, retailers, IGOs, and sales force and e-commerce Website. As of December 31, 2020, it had approximately 745,000 subscribers. The company primarily serves recreation and personal, government, public safety and disaster relief, oil and gas, maritime and fishing, construction, utilities, and transportation, as well as natural resources, mining, and forestry markets. Globalstar, Inc. has a strategic alliance with XCOM Labs to jointly commercialize XCOM’s capacity-multiplying technology with Globalstar’s Band n53 for 5G deployments in the United States and other countries where Globalstar has terrestrial rights. The company was founded in 1993 and is headquartered in Covington, Louisiana.

You think Apple should buy GSAT?

$3.71B?