AAPL and Apple

In early days, when it is a small company, sale volume is low, sometimes.

At today’s size, need a minimum manufacturing yield in order to supply the demand, this wait give other small manufacturers opportunities to market earlier.

1 Like

In deep philosophical competition?

Updated EW count for AAPL. No change in count, just update progress of price vs time.

1 Like

Top 5 lost market share.

Counterpoint Research said in a note on Tuesday that iPhone 15 series unit sales for the first 17 days of sales in China is down 4.5% compared with the iPhone 14.

Huawei gained market share vs the top 5, not just iPhone.

Qi attributed Apple’s challenges to poor consumer sentiment, the iPhone 15’s poorer performance than the iPhone 14 and increasing competition in the high-end smartphone market.

:man_shrugging:t3:

It wasn’t just in China either. Apple lost market share globally. I did my part. I will say I’m pleasantly surprised Apple allows third parties to put AirPlay 2 technology in their hardware. That’s cool. Apple still has the best ecosystem.

1 Like

Johnny post late.

China will firmly promote high-level opening up and continue to expand market access, the ministry statement quoted Wang as saying, adding that China welcomes multinational companies including Apple to achieve win-win development.

:+1:

Kuo said MacBook shipments are down in part because of declining demand from customers who work from home, as well as the “waning consumer appeal” of Apple’s mini-LED and silicon.

Did they buy a Mac Pro or iMac instead? Incomplete info :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I was not thrilled setting up a new Apple TV. I logged into it. It doesn’t intelligently know the strong passwords that Apple set for me on streaming services. That’s a total fail. It’s really annoying using strong password then Apple doesn’t recognize a Website and App are the same or with Apple TV it has no clue what the Apps are. It makes using strong passwords terribly inconvenient. I feel they should just connect to my phone and let me use FaceID to login to everything.

AppleTV is an odd ball.

1 Like

I posted this on Sep 9th:

It’s now widely acknowledged iPhone sales sucks in China:

Tim Apple is now in China kissing asses. Not sure how much it will help though.

Twisted mind made twisted logic e.g.

The reality is… Huawei, the previous number one handset maker in China before an untrue accusation by a nation followed by a ban on their products… is starting to gain back its fair share…

For Xi, the fair market share of iPhones in China is zero. Governments will more and more ban employees carrying iPhones to work. State propaganda will increasingly tell Chinese people buying iPhones is unpatriotic.

Writing is on the wall. You just need to take off your rose colored glasses to see it.

Government government officials have two phones, iPhone and a Chinese phone.

Another Johnny Post Late.

4.5% decrease = sucks. Got it. We can apply that standard to all the negative SF data. What’s the word for multiple times worse than sucks?

A more complete title.

Meanwhile, Apple (AAPL) came in second with a 16% market share in spite of limited availability of iPhone 15 series, which has been received well, the report added

According to data from the Chinese Ministry of Commerce reported by Xinhua on Friday, foreign direct investment in the Chinese mainland was down more than 8 per cent year on year in the first nine months. However, hi-tech manufacturing was up 12.8 per cent for the same period.

Western media talked on direct investment didn’t mentioned anything about manufacturing.:roll_eyes:

Title is click bait.

Apple uses AI in its products but hasn’t launched a generative AI product along the lines of OpenAI’s ChatGPT or Google Bard, for example. Instead, Apple’s AI is used for things like improving photos and autocorrecting text.

The company is reportedly looking to integrate AI into Siri, Messages and Apple Music. For the latter, Apple would use AI to create auto-generated playlists like Spotify does via its partnership with OpenAI. The company is also exploring using AI in Xcode to assist app developers, according to the report.

Now then think of this? One or more of the SVP should be replaced.

“There’s a lot of anxiety about this and it’s considered a pretty big miss internally,” a source told Bloomberg, referring to the company being “caught off guard” by the sudden rush to incorporate AI.

Some1 has to go… old school boys… time to replace with younger folks.

Experience with past AI initiatives (AI has been around for many decades) is a negative. These top managers are making decisions based on experience. AI has improved drastically over the recent few years. They are not on top of progress.

1 Like