AAPL and Apple

Luxshare :slight_smile: CEO, Grace Wang Laichun. An ordinary Chinese name.

“Flying with phoenixes will nurture outstanding birds.”

I am too lazy. Prefer to rise to heaven with deities.

Luxshare’s Wang, like many Chinese CEOs, concurrently holds a political post as a member of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, a national advisory body.

:thinking:

Luxshare is also helping Apple diversify away from China by investing in additional capacity in Vietnam and India, according to Luxshare documents and people involved in the supply chain. Wang said at a meeting with investors in 2020 that the company wanted Vietnam to account for 30% of its total production, without reducing its China footprint.

:wink:

iPhone’s Chinese component value share is only about 10%, and declining.

1 Like

Yup. They are behind on the times. It takes a lot of effort to continuously learn and stay on trends. It’s why I also ask candidates to tell about a time they learned a new skill. People who aren’t adaptable will become obsolete, and it can happen quickly.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2023-10-22/what-is-apple-doing-in-ai-revamping-siri-search-apple-music-and-other-apps-lo1ffr7p

Now, Chief Executive Officer Tim Cook says that Apple has been working on generative AI technology for years. But I can tell you in no uncertain terms that Apple executives were caught off guard by the industry’s sudden AI fever and have been scrambling since late last year to make up for lost time.

“There’s a lot of anxiety about this and it’s considered a pretty big miss internally,” a person with knowledge of the matter told Power On.

“Working on generative AI for years”?

:rofl:

Apple’s senior vice presidents in charge of AI and software engineering, John Giannandrea and Craig Federighi, are spearheading the effort. On Cook’s team, they’re referred to as the “executive sponsors” of the generative AI push. Eddy Cue, the head of services, is also involved, I’m told. The trio are now on course to spend about $1 billion per year on the undertaking.

$1B sounds like a lot. But:

In a new article posted to The Information, people close to OpenAI’s developments of now highly popular ChatGPT, the company spent a staggering $540 million in 2022 training its now extremely impressive AI chatbot. These funds weren’t just used to train ChatGPT but also to poach some quality talent from competitor company Google, which is also developing its own AI chatbot called Bard.

OpenAI alone spent more than half a billion training GPT-3, and GPT-4 is even more expensive to train. What can Apple’s $1B do? Spending so little means Tim Apple still doesn’t get it.

Apple continues to build devices to help people.

1 Like

Both benefit. With geopolitics, both stand to lose.

This is annoying, indecisiveness ex-SJ. Something I am afraid will happen. This type of indecisiveness is a typical disease of a matured company run by non-founder(s).

Don’t f🤬ing end up like Project Titan, Siri and LLM AI. IMHO, primary focus should be healthy people because preventive is better than cure.

Apple, by focusing on prevention, has preferred to stay in the kingdom of the well. Its core market is what’s known in industry parlance as the “worried well,” those of us anxiously trying to decipher our body’s signals for evidence that something is wrong.

Abstract of article is misleading. Apple did focus on prevention :+1: I got tricked by the click bait technique.

“Health is a world of opportunity to help people,” said Bob Mansfield, the company’s former chief of hardware engineering who helped create the company’s health and smartwatch efforts.

:+1:

The work was nearly complete when Project Fennel was canceled, in part because the Apple Watch is a driver of iPhone sales.

New info :grinning:

Apple Watch started its life as a health care device :roll_eyes:

:+1:

Apple reported fiscal fourth-quarter earnings on Thursday that beat analyst expectations for sales and earnings per share, but revealed that overall sales fell for the fourth quarter in a row. Every hardware business outside the iPhone declined year-over-year, with big drops in the iPad and Mac segments.

Apple is not a growth company.

:-1:

Nov 3, 2023. Updated progress. Count unchanged.
Note: Not drawn for clarity is a bearish count and a more bullish count.

“Our active installed base of devices has again reached a new all-time high across all products and all geographic segments, thanks to the strength of our ecosystem and unparalleled customer loyalty,” said Luca Maestri, Apple’s CFO.

Installed base continues to increase.

“Today Apple is pleased to report a September quarter revenue record for iPhone and an all-time revenue record in Services,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.

Services continues to make increasingly more :moneybag:

So long installed base increases and services revenue increases, AAPL is :+1: . Reason as explained last quarter (see below).

Ditto for last quarter.

Screen Shot 2023-11-03 at 1.53.10 PM

Market verdict for yesterday’s Apple earning result. Despite high interest rate, Apple is able to increase eps by 13% :money_mouth_face: yoy.

Fair :+1:

Closed above 200-day and 50-day SMAs. Bullish :grinning:

Apple going down Intel’s path?

Death counter restarted? Bullish :+1: Thanks, Danilo.

It pays to dig deeper and understand a tech company’s tech. Otherwise you end up like Puru.

Some1 thinks highly of himself and other people don’t know sh?!

Where did I say that? I just think everyone should dig deeper to seek more understanding of the tech in tech companies. Many of the tech companies, esp fintech, have surprisingly little tech in them.

I didn’t say is you :wink:

Silicon and AI are two foundational layers in tech. Will be interesting to see how Apple adapts, or fails to adapt.

Danio is merely parroting what is going around in social media.

Apple chips are designed to work across all Apple products, from AirPods to iOS devices to Macs to Vision Pro. This compatibility takes priority over other aspects. Compatibility allows for cheaper chip because of larger scale, eventual integration of OSes and interoperability of apps.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 11.11.59 AM

Above 50-day SMA :slight_smile: However, has completed a five wave pattern.