Amazon HQ2

• Half the jobs Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) brings to its two new headquarters will be in tech, according to NYC and Virginia government.

• NY officials say that 12,500 of the 25K jobs coming to the Long Island HQ will be in tech and the rest will be in “administrative jobs, custodial staff, HR, all those things.”

• The Virginia HQ will also get 25K jobs, and officials say Amazon “said from the beginning they expected it to be about 50-50” in terms of tech jobs.

What’s the tech job ratio in Seattle?

I thought people in DC didn’t know the difference between potato chips and computer chips…:sunglasses:

1 Like

What about bargaining chips?

1 Like

Cow chips…

1 Like

AMZN HQ2 is a self-inflicted wound. It shows its ugly way to everybody to see, wtf.
天作孽,犹可 违;自作孽,不可活

You don’t think apple will get subsidies for their new campus, wherever it will be?

No idea but AMZN brutally squeeze the city to bone dry in public.

The project will cost Amazon upwards of $3.6 billion, but the company will defray much of that cost thanks to $2.8 billion in city and state tax grants and other incentives officials are offering the company.

The massive incentives package has riled local politicians and activist groups, who say the trillion-dollar-company shouldn’t need a sweetener to come to New York.

“Amazon is not coming here to hire people in the neighborhood — people who already have jobs with Amazon are coming here,” said Raymond Normandeau, 74, a resident of nearby Queensbridge Houses. “I support a little mischief that voices opposition to that.”

This is a bad start. Better hope it ends here. Otherwise, those new comers have to fear for their properties and lives.

Funny how they picked the only city that would be ungrateful. Should just unpick them and have one HQ2 in DC

Here you go, @BAGB… can’t knock these SFSU grads…

CEO of Arista went to SFSU I think.

https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc/news/multifamily/9-developments-that-could-bring-thousands-of-housing-units-to-the-dc-region-95313

That’s because of the location. As SF and BA money grows, someday, SFSU and SJSU will become comparable to University of Florida

What??? IMO, SFSU and SJSU are already CURRENTLY better than the University of Florida. To me, the gap (favorably) would widen over time…

1 Like

SFSU and SJSU are quite well known internationally. Few of my Singaporean colleague came here to get their degrees/ post-grads.

Arista Network’s CEO went to SFSU. Networth 1.4B.

I was told if you want to get a job go to SJSU and SCU. If you want to start up a company, go to Stanford and UCB.

SCU is probably a lot better. USF seems to be worse than SFSU.

Is SFSU better than SJSU?

Makes sense. I am sure anyone with a EE/CS degree from either schools should be able to land a pretty decent job (especially in this hotbed)…