Austin Real Estate

Speed of price appreciation from Jul 2019 to today for different zip codes.

1 Like

Inventory is 0.5-0.7 months depending on zip codes. Still a very hot seller market.

22 days ago…

On May 31, an almost identical config SFH is on the market. How much would this house sold for? 7 days have passed and still not pending.

Today (Jun 10). Doesn’t look that bad. We’ll see.

Posted on May 13.

Posted on Mar 8.

Among those “overvalued” housing markets, which ones are actually likely to see home prices fall? In order, Zandi points to…

Austin no listed :slight_smile: Charlotte is listed

“Last week, Moody’s Analytics gave Fortune exclusive access to its updated proprietary analysis of U.S. housing markets.”

People still trust Moody’s (aka the firm that rated all the MBS AAA before the Great Recession)? If there were so good at this stuff, then they’d never have rated those bonds AAA and would have predicted the Great Recession.

1 Like

Since TSLA HQ moved to Austin, price (and rents) of houses in Pflugerville and Hutto have been :rocket: Didn’t own any rentals in Manor and other neighborhoods along I35, so don’t know much, should be :full_moon_with_face: too.

Hutto: Miss the initial price jump :exploding_head: possibly driven by TSLA insiders who know the location of the HQ prior to official announcement.

1 Like

The Boring Company (TBC) recently moved its headquarters to Pflugerville, just northeast of Austin

Pflugerville :slight_smile:

Is Austin’s housing bubble bursting soon?

Did Patrick change his name to Nicholas?

Residential property prices tend to peak in May. Housing activity drops significantly in Summer (Jun-Aug) because of the heat (>100 degree F) and in Winter (Dec-Jan).

1 Like

We know developers are cutting prices of new construction by 8%.

Flippers got the memo and are also cutting prices by 8%.

They are still making $$$

Seems like our fellow members don’t really talk actual real estate investing.

Stocks , markets, politics, policies, and etc seem more fun.

So tell us (or remind us) , when do you pull the trigger to buy something? What’s the criteria ?

Buying one per year don’t need tons of criteria.
Neighborhoods: Good schools, great school rating above 7.
Location: Walking distance to Elementary school or not more than 5 mins drive to a high way.
Pricing: Buy median house at market price.
Quality of house: The usual e.g. good bones, good layout, neutral color for walls/ cabinets/ floor

Buying one per year don’t need tons of criteria.

I hear you on that. I take more time buying groceries than making a decision to buy RE. :rofl:

What if you bought your 1 property in the early spring and then you see something else that hits all your other criteria. Do you buy more another? Or do you pass and out tune out for the year? (doesn’t seem like it)

What if you bought 2 already but another property come along?

Plan :slight_smile: I tuned out but my wife doesn’t. Some years I bought 2 :slight_smile:

What do you mean tune out when you’re constantly updating us on the Austin market and other general real estate info?

I guess we just have different definitions of tuning out.

Those are very broad info. I didn’t bother to look at the interior of the house.

Just like stocks, I have not been looking at the charts for a long time. Merely checking prices now and then.

Plan is buy 1 per year.
Actual is 1.5 houses per year :slight_smile: Some years I bought 2, some years I bought 3.