California has the worst quality of life

Don’t let facts get in the way of opinions.

:shushing_face:

By the way WSJ has a recent article on the murder wave in rural America.

Who determines what is intentional?
Ref: intentional homicide :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Dodging Blackouts, California Faces New Questions on Its Power Supply

Extreme heat is testing the way energy is generated, delivered and traded — and raising the prospect of perpetual emergencies

For 2020? What is it post-pandemic?

I don’t know. Show us the data that says CA’s murder rate is “out of control”.

Murder rates at a state level aren’t really a good indicator. If you look at murders, they are in highly concentrated areas. The key is not living in one of those concentrated areas.

3 Likes

Indeed. Chicago is a perfectly nice place to live as long as you stay out of a few corners of it. Even Oakland has nice sections.

You know CA is big. I have lived 3.5 yrs and yet to see out of control things you mentioned in the places where I lived from LA to BA. Of course there are bad areas but let’s not generalize.

1 Like

Why not?

Like I said , I still have to use my locally made , reused pitchfork and sustainable and renewable torch.

1 Like

in that case, I should generalize CA as a paradise without any issue just because I didn’t face any but we know that’s not true.

1 Like

Well maybe it’s true. So many people seemingly hate our state but still choose to stay. Must be a paradise indeed.

I don’t see any homeless people on my street. SF must be void of homeless people. Don’t show me stats. People here don’t care about data anyway, right?

you should check life after CA fb group for real hate :grinning:

1 Like

@manch is good at looking away or behave like an ostrich.

2 Likes

More Should leave. Like the old slogan, instead going west, go anywhere else!

CA has been losing people to other states for 20 years. Nothing new there. The new thing is that immigration cratered in the Trump years and has yet to pick up. Those new comers used to more than make up the difference.

1 Like

I don’t know why losing people in a over populated state is a bad thing. Pls ignore 2020-2021 outlier.

3 Likes

You sound logical but you need to prove:

1. CA is overpopulated
  2. Losing :-1: people, thereby improving percentage of :+1: people
  3. Define bad thing

It’s healthy that people move around. This is a big country and there is a place for everyone. If you don’t enjoy it here it’s for your benefit to move out.

A house that sells for 2M here in the bay can be had for 200K in Alabama somewhere. The interesting thing is not how come people chose to leave. It’s that how come so many choose to stay. It seems many have come to the conclusion life is better here when you consider everything overall, not just nitpicking on this or that pet issue.

1 Like