Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

3 days ago. I think since yesterday, 3rd party are able to test without cdc. would expect that number to go up once testing ramping up. I saw some news CDC is holding results and denying people to test. People start to take matters on their own hand now.

And do not believe china is really contained, i do believe it slow down,but my coworker’s friend in china, a doctor, trying to report infected to the gov. They tell him to those are flu. not corona. You know what i mean.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-testing-covid-19-tests-per-capita-chart-us-behind-2020-3

1 Like

That’s depend whether you trust a single guy, your co-worker’s friend? or the government. Don’t think is easy to hide if not true. Why do China dismantling the temp hospitals? How to define contain? China can’t really contain if other nations are ramping up cases, China now faces echo Covid-19 spread from other nations. Singapore is experiencing rising cases again because it doesn’t want to fully close the border - can’t anyway because is a global city and busy regional business hub - impact to the economy & society is too damaging if the border is closed so no choice, just deal with it. Guess it will difficult for nations to deal with it effectively if their citizens refuse to accept privacy-intruding surveillance and contact tracing.

Do you know your co-worker well? Know his friend well? Is his friend really a doctor, a good honest one? I will trust the official channel until proven otherwise.

See Hanera’s update, it is like another flu and our immune system can save.

Old people and weak are unable to withstand with no cure, it is again immunity!

Stocks, market makers, using this making a recession.

No matter tax cuts, rate cut or any other fiscal or monetary policy can help, but will stop the drop on its own!

1 Like

How do they benefit?

A bit melodramatic? This thing goes up exponentially everywhere it is introduced and then quickly peaks.

Not really. You’re tested if you’re hospitalized with severe symptoms. So we may have millions of untested folks running around with it but all they got from it is a bad head cold.

1 Like

Limited testing by CDC may be correct from a logical analytical mind. But this issue is sensationalized so much that it is an emotional issue. People want to see more testing. CDC has to soothe the mind! Put on the Liberal Arts hat, drop the STEM hat.

OK. Let’s wait one more month. Then we can start mass testing when we’re on the downward part of the slope :slight_smile:

Merkel is getting slammed for this but I think she’s just being realistic. She refuses to baby her constituents with false assurances.

Merkel is from East communist Germany. Definitely has a downer glass half full kind of energy.
Time for her to go. 14 years is too long. If she is real lucky maybe she gets infected. How about a more western positive leader. Germany needs inspiration not dowdy Merkel.

1. There are plenty of people like him, but you need to evaluate pros and cons then decide
  2. Ray is too big, min investment is 500k, but good people charge heavily their clients
  3. Some of them like Seth Klarmann, they do not accept new clients
  4. It is up to you to evaluate and decide.

It is not that I am skeptical about money manager, but I can handle better than them.

Sometimes people predict based on experience, and with some study or research materials. There are plenty of software available at high cost and people like Ray Dalio pay $250k to $500k level employ analysts to do their work.

We can also analyze/predict on our own, but it takes time, 1-2 years. If you review fundamentals, over all economy, at 100000 feet level you will be able to know market is exuberantly up or wild down. There are people like Robert Shiller who make wonderful studies, predict using their own measures (do not trust their TV/News interview). Their research are really good. It is again our focus that makes or breaks our life.

1 Like

Individuals have a problem. Most of us is either a decision maker or an analyst or a half-cooked decision-maker cum analyst. At first, I thought you are alone but you are in a team, team is better than an individual because team can cover each other blindspot. I have thought through this issue long ago and evaluate myself, I found as an individual not in a team, better to stick to S&P index fund or proven stocks like FAAMG. Trading should just be pure entertainment, if you win, happy, if you lose, you pay for entertainment, simple. Recall I keep telling @pandeyathotmail to assess base on him as an individual, @pandeyathotmail and don’t follow corporate approach or how a group would operate. Of course, I am assuming he is alone doing investment.

We are 16 days behind Italy.

I worked with him for 14 years, you can continue to believe CCP
They have to calm the public and kick the workers back to work or else the country is going to collapse.

:wink:

What is the probability that a blogger’s co-worker’s friend be more reliable than the official channel?

1. You are right, but my team has just another one person, we discuss often. Each manage individually and take individual decision, we just discuss pros and cons, that is all. We do not even share any personal data. Others are just consumers, they come and ask me review.

2. FAAMG is way better choice. All you need is wait for too deep dip, accumulate.

Personally, I will even drop Facebook as Mark Z sold big amount of stocks (see how intelligent he is !) offloading everything on public ! I really hate founder selling shares !

In fact, this is the time to analyze which stocks to buy? I am just doing that as market may be deep down within a month ! Some stocks like BA or OXY are way down, but scary to buy now.

1. Trading is deadly, I went into depth of loss and gain, do not suggest ever to anyone including my partner who started trading. He is intelligent and will come out of it soon.
1 Like

700,000 Americans died in the 1918 flu. Yet the economy thrived. They were made of stronger stuff.

2 Likes

In the early days, Google boys said they would sell $1B worth every year, didn’t monitor, did they continue that practice?

I have a relative who is an economic graduate with very good honors - his Econ professor like him very much and keep asking to go into teaching. He traded in the 1970s, made huge sums of money and everybody think he is a genius. Now he is a bankrupt for life. He owed many people’s money. So from very young, I’m afraid of trading - I was young so don’t ask for more details, how is it possible to go bankrupt. May be margin trading? Shorting?

Yes, they said and did offload during initial days, stocks would have tanked at that time too. No matter whether Google says or Tesla says or Facebook says, we should not buy that stock when founders are selling. They sell only during peak period, and stocks come down after they sell !

Buy AAPL :slight_smile: Nobody hold a controlling stake.
Can’t buy AMZN, Jeff Bezos is selling stocks to fund his space project and cunningly sell his stake through his ex-wife.