Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

That or they are medical professionals who realize it’s not so simple.

2 Likes

The anti vaccine movement is full of conspiracy and lies. Without vaccines we would still have polio and smallpox. Americans have no historical perspective. Not enough take flue shots.
Many anti vaccine parents are now exposing their children and others to diseases that could be wiped out. I will take the covid vaccine no matter what the politicians say.

4 Likes

In general I don’t take vaccine.

1 Like

You can only get away with that because enough other people do take it.

Only 150 million Americans take flu shots. 50%. That means millions get the flu and 20-50,000 dir every year from the flu. The news media whines about the logistics of 330m covid19 shots. Not a big deal since we already give 150m flu shots. The problem is the 150m that don’t bother to get vaccinated. If they don’t get the shots covid19 will still kill 200,000 per year. Personally if they refuse the shots I feel the health care system should refuse treatment.

2 Likes

The Covid “vaccine” is completely different from what we think of as a vaccine. I won’t be taking it. Such an approach has never been deployed in a widespread fashion before.

1 Like

Right now the vast majority of Covid patients don’t get any medical treatment. Because they don’t need any.

3 Likes

Statistics won’t help, if virus (Covid-19) hits a person, it is either immune system or death.

My friend’s father - just 65 years old - pre-existing diabetics - got Covid. In few days, lost his life. Similarly, another two friend’s mother - 70 years and 55 years, both diabetics - got Covid, respiratory issue, within 5 days died. Two of my relatives, age 55 and 65, lost their life within 5 days.

This person, very famous Indian singer - almost 42000 songs he made it, worth $110 millions, struggled for life, finally died
S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, Indian Singer With Huge Repertory, Dies at 74 - The New York Times.

They spent millions, many US & UK doctors involved, to save him, but invain.

IMHO, it is not conspiracy.

Some facts about Virus: Virus is too small, tiny molecule (compared to bacteria), not visible to eyes and they can be identified by more than 10000x magnifying glass. Because of the smaller size, virus can be killed only by human immune system, but not by any medicine or injection.

In medicine world, there is no vaccine/medicine for any virus attack, except human immune system.

What they do is this: Vaccine is a kind of protein set (or dead virus), when they inject, the body mechanism is activated to act/kill against the virus. It is ultimately individual body immune system has to act against any virus and finally save anyone from virus.

For some people, it may fail to kill virus as their immune system is too weak to counter the issue. Preventive saves millions of life, and this Covid medicine is also preventive. In addition, companies will produce many versions (like iphone upgrades) until it is really effective for millions.

It is like putting a bunkers against a flood, but when flood comes many escapes, but some destroyed and all depends on how much flood at that spot.

Google everything I said, you will get these facts.

1 Like

Are you going to take the vaccine? If enough people refuse the vaccine will be ineffective

Definite yes, no doubt. I understand all the research companies would have developed 70% effective medicines (claiming 90+% success rate), but a few revisions will make it work 90% success rate by next winter.

If enough people refuse the vaccine => Why would they refuse except for their own ignorance?

Many believe taking medication is over kill, but some diseases, like Covid on respiratory related pre-existing conditions, are really horrible.

Once caught by it, either immunity kills Virus or face death !

BTW: Three relatives are doctors and one close friend is professor of medicine. Their advice is “Preventive is always better than cure” !

The best prevention is to get healthy. Eat better more exercise. Americans are getting killed by their bad health and weak immune systems.

5 Likes

That’s true far beyond covid. The rates of chronic illness are 3-5x higher in the US.

3 Likes

My Safeway is filled with masked fat people hauling around shopping carts filled with crap.

2 Likes

40-45% :grimacing:

1 Like

I thought it was closer to 80%.

Let’s bring back Polio

I am old enough to remember Covid was just a blue state problem.

I just googled “how many people die in the US each year” and got this. Do the math.

" According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were 2,813,503 registered deaths in the United States in 2017. The age-adjusted death rate, which accounts for the aging population, is 731.9 deaths per 100,000 people in the U.S. This is an increase of 0.4% over 2016’s death rate."

I did the math. Did you?

From March to today that’s a bit less than 9 months. If your national death rate applies uniformly across the country, that means 0.7% of people died every year, of all causes.

In South Dakota in the 9 months period Covid alone has killed 0.1% of population.

And how many of the 0.1% had pre-existing conditions which would have made them part of the 0.7% even without Covid?
In terms of overall death rates we’re not talking about much here.

1 Like