Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

Any way, for stocks, we do not need look at at Caronovirus as soon people will forget when News/Media downplays the impact.

Even if there is a real impact, Stocks won’t reflect it.

This seems to be unbelievable, with all the shouts/hypes media given, but it is true as this is used as a Scapegoat to bring down the market and fool retail investors.

Watch out, from Monday through next one month !

I buy rice from Costco, but not going any time soon with this craziness going on.

I don’t think it’s to fool investors, because the fact of the matter is global supply chain is gradually being shut down. If anything it’s more of a catalyst.

Was at the Costco in Mountain View this morning. It was a zoo. The checkout line went all the way to the back of the store. To Costco’s credit, they were super organized. Security on-hand, employees organizing lines, forklifts replenishing toilet paper and water aisles.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the logic of buying water. That’s a new one. I don’t recall seeing Asian countries panic buying bottled water. :rofl:

Come on get with the program! It’s 2020 - Coronavirus is the new earthquake :earth_americas:

1 Like

No one buying guns and bullets? Shoot down anyone coughing within 10 feet, Rambo style!

Many illnesses kill old people first. Maybe we should hurry up the anti aging research.

Expert: There’s a ‘million-dollar question’ surrounding coronavirus

Dr. Shira Doron, infectious disease physician and hospital epidemiologist at Tufts Medical Center, told Yahoo Finance’s On The Move. “Is this going to be a virus that predominates in winter? … Or will this be a virus that isn’t affected by temperature?”

Singapore is on the tropic, consulting them is too much to ask for. Btw, do she know geography?

Don’t shake hands, hugs and kiss on the faces? Asians already knew that long ago. Never like it because the other party could have infectious disease.

SARS virus died out in the summer but SG also got a few cases. Wuhan is more contagious than SARS so it infected more people. It’s not incompatible with the thesis that summer weather will eventually slow it down.

I guess you don’t read what I have written :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: or read and forget :exploding_head: nor read the article :sob: :angry: :angry:

Singaporeans go from air-con to air-con. For example, condo is air-con, take the lift to the air-con carpark, go into the car and switch on air-con, reach office’s air-con park, walk through air-con hallway to air-con office. All air-con. You have to intentionally walk out to experience the hot and humid weather.

An infected person in an air-con plane, take an air-con taxi to…

SARS virus burned itself out in 8 months!!! SARS virus can’t survive the heat at room temperature of Singapore.

Westerners and westernized people just refuse to learn from …

No wonder I was wondering why some get PhDs for facts that every Singaporeans knew.

So you are agreeing that the virus will likely die out in summer time weather. That’s also my guess.

China has largely got it under control. I don’t fully trust Chinese data but at least the trend is veritable: it’s going down. China also doesn’t have the best medical system. Far from it. So I am not that worried about advanced countries like Korea and Japan, now that they are taking the threat seriously.

Panic is global. Seattle Costco:

1 Like

The parking lot of Costco doesn’t look bad, but I’m not going in. I usually go Sunday’s when they open. I need more rice.

Weekend Costco is always bad idea.

Wife went to Chinese markets to get some rice, but our favorite Thai brand is all sold out, in multiple places! :sob:

Which brand? Not use to the brands here, also realize they don’t grade them as AA, AAA.

Our favorite brand is Golden Phoenix. She couldn’t find any this morning so she got some unknown Buddha something. :sob:

1 Like

Was in the Tucson and Phoenix areas since Wednesday. No panic anywhere. As for guns and bullets everybody already had those.
OT Trader Joes has Goldenberries (sometimes labeled as Cape Gooseberry). They are seasonal and won’t be around after next month. Anyone who hasn’t tried them needs to . You’ll put putting them in EVERYTHING. Lots of vitamin C too.

2 Likes