Damn It, I Just Got A New Pair Of Nikes

The national anthem is standard before all sporting events. It’s amazing it’s not an issue in baseball or hockey where so many players are foreign born. One basketball player sat for the national anthem in the 90’s. They quickly made a rule that all players must stand.

Also, NFL TV ratings have been declining ever since kneeling started. That got the attention of the owners. Fans are voting with their time. The TV contract is the big money that pays everyone in the league.

1 Like

Fake news. Be smart, read.

So what should readers make of these numbers? I asked Karp and Crupi for some expanded thoughts.

CRUPI:

“This season’s ratings slide became the focus of an almost creepy fascination, thanks in large part to the noisy condemnation of the White House, which was amplified by the screaming heads at the President’s favorite news outlet. In short order, the nation’s armchair quarterbacks seized upon the dopey ‘NFL is weak and out of control’ narrative, and given that the sum of the general public’s knowledge about the TV business can be inscribed on the lip of a Zima bottle with a blunted crayon, most of the criticism levied against the league’s ratings prowess fell wide of the mark.

Don’t be so negative. Say, we want to discuss a politic issue where we know certain people would be sensitive.
Another is we want to talk more about Crazy Rich Asian movie but realize some folks just hate it and would make discussion less fruitful, we can blind them. Another example is when you want to make salty wet jokes, can blind out the female bloggers. One more good example is technical, fundamental analysis and sentimental analysis of stocks, some hate TA, so we can blind those bloggers (who would throw the thread into topsy turvy with TA is crap/bs comments). This feature is good to blind oversensitive bloggers. Otherwise, get entangled. Is not a permanent blind like ignore, only for that thread.

In some forum, we can use ignore to ignore comments by certain people but there is no feature where we can blind certain people, kind of odd.

Excuse me!
Any radical Libertarian on this forum? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That is incorrect. When he started doing it, some people were upset because he was being disruptive and drawing attention to himself. You still can’t or won’t answer the question. If you did something disruptive or against company policy at work, what do you fully expect your HR department to do to you?

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

[quote=“buyinghouse, post:34, topic:5755”]
I am going by the book. <---------:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Kneeling or not kneeling wasn’t in the old contract between team owners and players. Now, that issue is in a contractual agreement between team owners and the NFL, and many players don’t agree with it but have to obey the rules.

Colin is not playing anymore. So anything about what he does now is irrelevant. Tiger Woods is playing now, and we remember what company stood by him, do we?

Nike is rewarding Colin with a contract for standing up to what anybody corrupt, loving money, not loving his people wouldn’t do. Again, kneeling was about the easy way some cops were killing innocent Black people.

Anyway, NFL is going to disappear, not because Colin, but for other factors, TV or Cable one of them. But it doesn’t help when somebody who should be putting his attention into our foreign affairs, fires everywhere, the deficit going to balloon, Puerto Rico and its 3,000 deaths, Benghazi!..:rofl:

Oh, I really don’t care if football is going away, I don’t like it, I love soccer. These players can go play that silly grabbing a ball game anywhere they like.

By the way, that should be called “hide and seek, a ball”, not football. :smile::smile::smile::smile:

This is what America is all about. Sacrificing yourself for a cause. Like they do in the military.

“Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything”

And, the humor in this America, it never stops…:smile::smile:

And, not from the fake news, but from the guy who told Colin to kneel down. Duh!

Was Nate Boyer his employer? No, I don’t think so. Sorry, company time is company time in my book. Maybe if people just did their jobs like they are supposed to, they might actually get ahead in life…

2 Likes

Boyer is an ex marine.

As I said, Colin did the kneeling when the regulations of kneeling or not kneeling weren’t in the contract between team owners and the NFL. They are now, so whatever he does is irrelevant to the NFL (he is no longer a player, is he?) and his stance against police brutality is why Nike picked him as a figure worth spending their money on.

Now, the questions are:

1- Is this about respecting the national anthem and the flag?

2- Is it about kneeling?

Because if it is about respecting the flag and the anthem, we have a disrespecting president not knowing both the anthem, nor America the beautiful. And has to be reminded by his wife to salute the flag. You want videos of that too?

So, let’s impeach the POS in the white house and call it a draw.

Let’s be honest, had Colin succeeded on the gridiron would we have seen this side of him? I doubt it. The fact is and was, Colin was not a very good player. Sure, he had a glimpse of success there when he got to the Super Bowl but it was all downhill for him after. He was not very accurate and he couldn’t make adjustments fast enough. He simply did not train hard enough to get better in the off-season. Like I said before, Colin was willing to stop his crusade if he got a quarterback job in the NFL. Wasn’t that hypocritical of him?

1 Like

I stand for national anthems, regardless of its country. it’s part of national respect.

1 Like

Answer my questions:

1- Is this about respecting the national anthem and the flag?

2- Is it about kneeling?

Have you worked for someone? Have you not expected that person, your boss, or your superior, manager, yada, yada, to be knowledgeable on the subject for what you are hired for? You know, walk the walk and talk the talk?

So, why are you or anybody else following the agenda of an idiot who doesn’t know how to sing the national anthem and has to be reminded to salute both the military, in several occasions, and America the beautiful?

Anything else is pure speculation. He promised to donate $1 million to different causes, he achieved his goal.

He is not longer playing. If you think he doesn’t have the right to make a living, then we are not talking about the flag or the kneeling anymore. It is personal, we may be repeating what all racists are repeating about him, look at the memes above, they are racists, they depict him as being oppressed by…white parents! And the oppression on him is not what this is all about, it is about the flag and the anthem and his stance against police brutality on black people. Period!

I would be the first one to acknowledge that this country is not squeaky clean, far from it. But again, do we generally end up on the positive or negative tally side? I would like to think we have done way more good in the world than not.

Instead of blaming others for his non success, maybe Colin should have looked inside as to why he didn’t cut it in the league. Do I believe he could have been a decent enough back-up quarterback in the NFL? Probably, but again we are talking about a team sport made up of many personalities and frankly there are those who found Colin to be repulsive and un American. Can’t someone also rightfully so think that America is the greatest fighter for freedom in the world and so one should always stand for the national anthem to show respect for the good things that this country has done? So, how can you have someone like that on your team, in the most important leadership position possible? You can’t.

1 Like

I haven’t read him blaming anybody for not being hired anymore but the NFL and team owners ostracizing him. I may have missed him blaming anybody else, can you send me any quotes from him?

And, as I said, you failed to answer my questions. Why are you, or anybody else supporting the attack against Colin when the leader of the pack is worse than Colin on disrespecting the flag and the anthem? Why listening and worse, following a leader laughing and mocking McCain when he was in the last stages of his life? Wasn’t McCain a veteran? A POW none the less, and he fought under the American flag. Is this leader awarded with patriotism by laughing at McCain, a military veteran? Really?

Any other particular person can chime in regarding Colin K, but a president, a leader as you said, that is all the above should be paid attention to? It is like me, not knowing about investing in RE telling you that you are wrong doing it when you are a successful investor. I bet you would tell me to F…off………And I would deserve such treatment.

The point here is: Leadership. If you are criticizing anybody for what he or she is, you better be above him.

Uh, I can say the same about you…

Sorry, but I said this is not about me, not anybody else but Colin and the national anthe and kneeling. He is out of that scenario.

But on my side, I am a man of honest convictions. When I see a hypocrite, liar, cheater, a racist, I walk away. I’ve done this all my life, whether working as an employee or as a manager or supervisor, and as a financial advisor.

All this mess was created by a man who is worse than Colin K. And nobody wants to answer that valid question.