Dark Day in America (was Hillary Won in a Landslide!)

I hope Michelle Obama will run one day. She got talents! I am just dying to see a woman president. Give me something man. No, God please, not Palin.

Michelle is definitely more appealing than Hillaryā€¦Hillary was the classic overachiever. .Busted her ass for 45 years in politics, problem is she is not a natural politician like Bill or even Michelleā€¦no charisma, no likability. ā€¦Probably being secretary of state was a mistakeā€¦definitely exposed her flaws. ā€¦It it wasnā€™t for those dam emails, she would have beat Trumpā€¦Must really fry her ass that a political neophyte beat her with no experience and an under funded campaign. ā€¦Lets face it she beat her selfā€¦

I actually see the fault in how we elect presidents. We make it into a realty TV show and thatā€™s what we get as president: a realty TV star who plays the part of a successful businessman.

The process scares away most capable people. I am not sure Michelle will willfully subject herself to this kind of circus. But if it became bad enough maybe she will do it.

Gavin Newsom will be a candidate in 2020, well at least according to Bill Maherā€¦The Dems need new blood. ā€¦
If Elizabeth Warren runs she will loose.

Elizabeth Taylor is a Pitt bull, no chance to win nomination.

Deep blue California wonā€™t produce a democractic president for at least 2 more decades. California could produce a Republican president, Reagan was the last one.

President would be Democrat from deep red, a Republican from deep blue, or anyone from swing state. Only moderate can win.

I still hope Michelle will run. Maybe if Trump screws up the country real bad she will be compelled to run.

If you think Trump isnā€™t qualified, then how is she? What political offices has she held? Thereā€™s no way sheā€™s the most qualified woman in America.

Trump is not qualified because heā€™s a mean a-hole and mentally unstable. We need someone capable of some minimal degree of empathy as leader.

Midwestern guys only found empathy in Trump. Obama was from Midwest, but Midwesterns did not find empathy from Obama.

Only moderates can win. Any radicals will lose.

Michelle will be a fine candidate, better than Hillary. but recent history shows that every president gets 8 years.

Michelle stated said in her interview with Oprah that asking a family to spend more than 8 years in the White House is too much. I like her. Too bad.

Well, I like most folks better than Trump. With his aggressive views and cabinet full of generals, we will be in a war by the end of his 4 year term. I hope he gets impeached and booted before that happens. I have a lot of midwestern conservative family members. Iā€™ve really tried to see their reasoning for supporting him. Other than bringing more jobs to America, I canā€™t find much common ground. Guess Iā€™m a CA liberal despite being born in the midwest.

2 Likes

Midwesterns have been voting for democrats forever. Why is it a surprise that you are a liberal?

Btw, whatā€™s the Midwestern educational achievement? Some people say that Midwesterns have much worse education than California, is it true?

Is Illinois better educated than Wisconsin/Ohio/Michigan since it voted for Hillary?

I donā€™t know which state is the most educated. Iā€™m sure there are statistics. Education is important but I know PhDs that are idiots and high school drop outs that are smart. A degree is not everything but if you want your resume to get a second look itā€™s important. For that reason and others, I think America should find a way to make its educational system more equitable. Good luck getting Betsy DeVos to do that. She will make sure the rich are better educated and learn about the bible. Meanwhile, lower income kids will be even more screwed.

I know a few people moving from Midwestern states. They said that Midwestern schools are much better there than California. Heard that a larger percentage students from Midwest got into Ivy League schools after moving to California. Their opinion is that California schools suck.

Trump got someone from Midwest in charge of education. Maybe Californian K-12 schools will play some catchup to Midwestern schools.

I support Charter school but they have erected numerous barriers for charter schools.

Welcome home @MM_HH. :smile:

I think we have a good chance of getting into a major war because our inequality is high and getting higher. We resolved the first gilded age with bloodshed so itā€™s probable we will do the same with our current gilded age.

I donā€™t like newsom all that much. Like many in the valley I am more of a Clinton democrat. In the Reagan years I may belong more to the Reagan R. But the recent R has gone wholesale crazy right I become a D just by standing in the middle.

Agreed. The tea party took over the republican party and pushed it to the far right.

Income inequality is a major problem and will result in social unrest if not addressed. The republicans blocked fiscal stimulus during the great recession and relying on monetary stimulus has made inequality worse.

I do wonder what the history books will say about the current world-wide move towards populism and the right. Is it a backlash of globalization?

1 Like

screw it, Iā€™m voting for warren (buffet)

1 Like

I think it is certainly a backlash of globalization, and also a backlash of the educated ā€œelitesā€. Education, more than anything else, predicts who people voted for. Itā€™s not a one-factor phenomenon though.

Indiana has a high school graduation rate of 86%, thatā€™s 10 point higher than Californiaā€™s 76%.

Democratic states have bad educational system. America is relying on red states and foreign countries to produce educated people.

Income inequality is the product of liberals. Liberals use globalization and illegal immigration to enlarge the low income population to help the few unethical liberal ā€œelitesā€ to be elected.

Iā€™ve been a democrat all the time. But Californiaā€™s liberals have earned democrats a bad reputation.

Liberals have a small mind and short temper. Liberals are now against free speech. They want to silence the libertarians. They label everyone as uneducated and deplorable as soon as you disagree with them. When you vote for them, they love you as a disadvantaged low income person. When you do not vote for them, they lable you as uneducated and deplorable.

3 Likes

We are currently bombing 8 different countries, and people think Obama is a nice guy whoā€™s anti war. Heā€™s deported more illegals than any president, and people think heā€™s good for minorities. Heā€™s used more executive actions than anyone since FDR after he was against them as a candidate. He said affordable care act would lower insurance premiums by $2,500/yr for families. Now people are seeing 25%+ annual increases.

People say Trump depends on undeducated whites without college degrees. Democrats depend on minority, HS dropouts. If you doubt that, just look at Detroit. Hillary won 80% and a majority of the city is illiterate. The democrats admitted the key to winning is docile, ignorant, and uniformed voters. Illiterate, HS dropouts are who they want. They know those people will blindly give more power to the government if theyā€™re promised free food. The party canā€™t survive on just high income voters, because there arenā€™t enough of them.

1 Like

As in military and police?