Dow Down 666 Points

Check out the historical risk vs reward chart below.

1 Like

Wait… so where’s bill gates in that chart? :thinking:

Come on. That is his “retirement” portfolio. This is not how he made his money.

1 Like

You made your money via paypal. :slight_smile:

Anyways… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone needs a little luck to kick start things :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not enough for him. He wants more! May be 10x more.

Frankly, luck plays a huge part in where everybody are… they just refuse to admit that. Is only human. Many of my friends, ex-classmates and ex-college who are smarter, more hardworking and more streetwise than me are far from FIRE. They think like BAGB, refuses to get into stocks. They think RE is the way, that’s not true, at least in Singapore… I told you previously, I was in the early part when government started pumping RE, the prices did shot up 10 folds but still I didn’t make much after nearly 30 years because it went down again for 10 years !!! after rushing up 10 folds in 10 years. Probably won’t happen in SV but there is no guarantee, black swans can’t be predicted.

2 Likes

He started a business which is the way to do it. That’s the only way you get that big of percent ownership. That also gave him mich more control over the outcome. You can’t compare being a founder to buying shares of a public company.

1 Like

Bill gates is a bad example. Where is @hanera in that chart?

1 Like

That was the way in Hong Kong. Maybe not anymore.

RE has been way to riches in CA since 1849…

Do you have a trend chart for South Bay only?

That’s what I did in Singapore. Yes, I sold the first house and rented… just a financially foolish engineer then.

1 Like

Is singapore housing price basically flat in the last 20 years? It didn’t even keep up with inflation.

There is no point to buy a house in Singapore, no wonder its government needs to use incentives and penalty to force people to buy homes.

Shocking, right. But have you bought in late 1999, is uptrend :slight_smile: Just old folks like me got the stick.

Amazon free cash flow dropped like a stone. There’s no breakdown how they spent the money? WTH?

1 Like

Singapore property market has too much state manipulation. Try the wild east Hong Kong market instead.

Yeah forget about Singapore, not investable. House has become just a roof over the head.

I heard German housing market is similar, no investment value.

Is exactly what it should be. People shouldn’t waste too much time about housing. Should focus in their career and contribute to the society.

1 Like

Then there will be no landlord. Nobody would bother with providing rental housing.