Dow Down 666 Points

If people cannot take short term volatility, stock market isn’t for them.

Of course above depends on whether they “believe” if this is a trend or volatility.

Blame Trump or the media for your cash position.

1 Like

Btw, the statement, “option traders are usually wrong” means the longs, both calls and puts, pay too much for the premium. Is not referring to them being wrong in the direction. In the context of the two jokers’ comments, it appears that they meant wrong in direction.

I understand both short term issues and long term issues.

If Max (SP500 Jan 2018) less than Max (SP500 Dec 2018), I agree that I am wrong.

Yes, accepting the challenge. Let us review at end of Dec 2018 who is swimming naked !

Why??? :scream:

Are you challenging me on that? I never said I believed stocks at the end of this year is higher than the beginning…

1 Like

I agree,I did the same between 2008-2012, but playing wrong foot is also issue.

How come, any max of other months, you are not wrong?

Then, I am staying out of market is perfectly right.

Ok, then tell me which month max sp500 is going to be greater than Max (SP500 Jan 2018)?

No, that doesn’t make it right either… :sweat_smile:

You want me to loose money?

Again, you are talking as if you have a crystal ball. The fact is that no one has a crystal call. So no one can say for sure where the market is going to be by the end of the year.

1 Like

As I said earlier, I’m blaming myself.

3 Likes

Actually, so long any months is higher, then you’re wrong :slight_smile: because it meant stock market didn’t peak in Jan :slight_smile: That’s my point.

Where my emotions took over facts…

1 Like

If I need money in the next 1-2 years, I would always keep it in cash. So, 1 person’s investment horizon is different from another & their risk tolerance varies.

1 Like

Hmmm, it is really challenge for me to predict that much, but I agree your view.

If max Sp500 (Jan 2018) < max Sp500 (today - till dec 31, 2018), I am wrong.

The cop out statement for most people when it comes to investing is “low risk tolerance”. Anyone labeling himself with that phrase need to think long and hard.

Hmmm, it is really challenge for me to predict that much, but I agree your view.

If max Sp500 (Jan 2018) < max Sp500 (today - till dec 31, 2018), I am wrong.

If I win hanera’s challenge, I have right crystal ball !