Dow Down 666 Points

Yeah why not, but that again depends on risk tolerance, & assumed guaranteed cash flow in the future.

Heloc is a good source for emergency. Stock money? I have less confidence

Let me relate a story from just after the dot com bubble burst. This was my room-mate. He was working with a financial advisor. He had been persuaded to cash out his company stock and hold all of it by paying for taxes with margin. (really bad advice). The rationale was the stock was down so much and could go no further down as the company was now pretty large, profitable, etc.

The stock dropped another 50% from when he cashed out all this options. He got margin called and had insufficient reserves (eventho’ he had a good solid job). He had to force sell everything. Every option, every ESPP purchase, etc. He had 4 years of stock earnings from the company evaporate into thin air.

I have many other similar stories from the dot com era that impacted people near and dear to me. Including ISO and NQ options horror stories from the bubble bursting.

4 Likes

Dont utilizemargin 100% and you may be fine!

Dont take a margin from one stock account. Spy sounds good though, or somrthing diversified.

That’s when the vultures with cash circle the person in trouble.

Personally, I’m not too much of a margin guy. My only “margin” are my 0% credit cards aside from my mortgage.

You have asked me in another thread this.

You yourself bid for many homes, guess and offer. Have you ever thought, how can I guess this? The answer is if you are aligning in line with current market, you will be able to guess properly.

If someone guess properly, they win, if they don’t , they lose.

Exactly like that, I have aligned with current stock market (not Crystal Ball) and guesstimate so that I have save my assets.

Even yesterday, I made short term bet (easy one) with FB, sold immediately as I am not long about stock market. I did not update as people may not like it.

The only mistake is that I am sharing this which many do not like it when they are really get hit ! People are either jealous or do not like me to update.

I am fine with it. Since I have moved to cash, I may be out of date with stock market soon until I enter back.

Here after I will not predict or make suggestion on stocks, let me keep it with real estate.

Others, please do not ask me to update about stocks as I feel I am wasting my time. This has gone beyondmy thresh hold limit.

Good Luck to you all guys, Last few words .

**Be intelligent, Keep reading investments books, there is no short cut, but money comes from hard work. **
*Read “Margin of safety”, follow best practice, WQJ long hold and hanera’s long hold are excellent examples.

4 Likes

You’re mixing topics up…This is a separate topic. Based on your logic, all realtors(who have studied finance,economics) are stock market geniuses(because they will all recommend buying in Diridon)

Stock markets are not easy that’s why people get paid big bucks for it while Realtors make chump change .

Yes, people who are top asset holders in this forum(I am not included) are jealous of you and hence call your predictions “crystal ball” SARCASM

That’s up to you - We are all adults .

Don’t get angry if people question what you claim as gospel & prepare to defend calmly it with logic.

Yes and also people have died from plane crashes and car accidents. So don’t ever fly nor drive a car. Don’t even try walking on the street because pedestrians have been hit by cars and died before. That way you’ll guarantee yourself longevity for sure… :smile:

Playing a lot with margin is for guys like @wuqijun who goes to sleep with an armor suit on. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The first thing most financial advisors do is advise to sell all your company stocks because you’re already working in the company and staying in the same area. If you win, you win three times (job, company stocks, RE) and you would lose similarly bad. This financial advisor acts differently… sure he tells you the truth or just want to find a scapegoat?

1 Like

Um… I sleep sound and well and wake up laughing everyday… :rofl:

What? Throwing tantrums? Please don’t learn from your wife :scream:

1 Like

It’s interesting you personally attack others as jealous(imagination), can’t defend what you’ve claimed before and then play the victim.

1 Like

Or my 15 year old nephew

1 Like

Please update your picture.

BOM!!!

@Jil - I don’t think you should get so worked up about this. You shouldn’t feel like you need to convince anyone with your posts…it’s all about debate/discussion. For example, Yoda’s been spreading propaganda about AAPL but no one’s really listening to him and buying it at this moment in time. If you still choose not to participate, that’s fine, but don’t leave this forum b/c I’d love to hear about your RE ventures.

3 Likes

Why my name is mentioned and you put words in my mouth :disappointed: I was defending against fake news and countering annoyance from those who don’t know much about the company nor conduct of business nor stock investment. When did I recommend people to buy AAPL? I didn’t recall recommending to buy any stocks too.

1 Like