Dow Down 666 Points

OK. Trying to go back to topic…

Today’s earnings are gangbuster great. Not just amazon. Intel also shot up 7% after hours. And today AMD went up 13%. Semis will do great tomorrow.

I agree trade war with China is still a big risk and on that front things have been going the wrong way actually.

Are we at the end of the tunnel?

1 Like

We were never in a tunnel to begin with.

1 Like

Diversification is another word for mediocrity. Only concentration can bring about real success.

In that case concentrate on amazon. It will beat apple silly.

1 Like

I concentrate on Tsla. Will beat Amzn silly… :rofl:

Actually the really short risk is apple’s earning report next week. I am not sure all the bad news have been discounted entirely. :scream:

窈窕淑女、君子好逑

1 Like

So eager to meet? I have hedged my bet. Making money in both AMZN and FB now :slight_smile: easily afford the dim sum lunch.

1 Like

Apple needs to shoot up 20% after earnings to show Bezos who’s the boss.

Option traders were wrong in the direction for Amzn, right?

https://www.optionseducation.org/tools/todays_most_active_options.html

64% were calls and 36% puts

1 Like

Huh? Still don’t get it? If the longs are wrong, the shorts are correct. If the shorts are correct, the longs are wrong.

The problem with long calls or long puts, many new retail option traders tend to be too aggressive, hoping for the jackpot i.e. invest a small sum and hope for a big pay back. So they took the risk of long very OTM calls or puts. That is, they got the direction right but over-estimate the quantum of change, be it appreciation or decline. Calls or puts, the collapse of IV after earnings or an event, is more than the change in delta, hence the calls or puts would decline in price for too OTM calls or puts.

Get it?

2 Likes

TY… God+Intc+AMD mgmnt…

Only regret(maybe) is Amzn… never bought it recently(owned it when it was 150) :frowning:

Only till the going is good…

Always and forever! Bill Gates never regretted his concentrated position in Msft no matter going is good or bad.

But for every Bill Gates wasn’t there 100s of wanna be Bill Gates?

@Roy321 you still long AMD?

I sold 1/3rd AMD and bought FB with the proceeds :slight_smile: (during the FB dip recently). So, still long but hold 2/3rds of before. Btw my AMD buying price is @$10… so I’m ok at this time.

I know you’re a former INTC guy, what do you think? INTC can eat AMD for lunch anytime i.e. they have a huge pipeline and can whip it out anytime to crush AMD?

Yes, there are many mediocre people in this world vs. just a few successful ones…

Aren’t companies the same? Lots of companies go under, how do you identify future multibaggers?