Everything About Food

RIP Sweet Tomatoes…

I love sweet tomatoes!

I love moon star even more. Will it close down too?

:sob:

Moon Star is garbage. Their workers don’t wash their hands after going to the bathroom.

1 Like

Germaphobe. :-1:

You’d never eat outside again am I right?

I still get takeouts. Hopefully Caesars’ Bacchanal doesn’t shut permanently, that’s the only buffet I care about now that Sweet Tomatoes is gone :broken_heart:

From where? :slight_smile:

You haven’t been?? :scream_cat: :scream_cat:

I meant your take out places!

Only been to Vegas once…and didn’t goto any buffets. I’m #weaksauce

I agree with @harriet. Moonstar has sub-par quality food. Never get the all you can eat uni.

1 Like

Is that the place with toilet seat size steak?

1 Like

No, that’s @Elt1’s secret hideout in Elko where he orders prawns while staring at people eating toilet seat sized steaks.

1 Like

Since the 70s Americans have had a weight problem. Before then fat people were relatively rare. Watch old movies. Nobody was fat. Look at Woodstock photos. Watch Jaws. No fat people on the beach. Go to the beach today.
What changed?
I think the one change is demographics. We are are older collectively. Boomers are old and fat. We smoke a lot less.
We are more sedentary. People have less physical labor on the job.

I think the main thing is diet. Before Alice Waters food revolution our food was pretty boring and not very appetizing.

I grew up on canned and frozen food. Sure we had meat and potatoes. But families rarely ate out. Fast food was not ubiquitous. I didn’t go to a McDonalds till I was 21. I don’t think my mother ever went to one. Ethnic food was rare. Even pizza and Chinese food was hard to find.

If you eat boring food all the time you eat less.
My friend eats Kale and boiled chicken and everyday for lunch. He is skinny and boring.

Let’s face it good interesting food makes you fat. And good fast food makes you fat faster since it is so accessible

My conclusion.
We have too many good fast food options. Too much sugar. Not enough exercise. No appetite suppressants like nicotine. And too much screen time.

1 Like
1 Like

Wonderful self-discipline.
I am sure the folks on this forum would’ve wanted him to invest in bitcoin instead.

It’s a shame these stories happen in the richest country

There are two tribes here:

Tesla maximalists, and
Crypto maximalists.

Some on here would’ve suggested him pile into Bitcoin, but some would’ve suggested TSLA.

Oddly for a RE site I wonder if any would have suggested buying RE. I stopped buying RE in 2016.

:rofl:

That is because Prime RBA RE is now out of reach. Yes, you can buy a condo or a SFH in the exurbs for less than $1M (which is itself a huge amount for most people - need at least 100-200k down payment). But any half-decent SFH in RBA costs 2.5M, and you need 500k down. No fractional ownership model.

But on the other hand crypto and TSLA are at least available for purchase even if one has a few thousand dollars - maybe can only buy a fraction of BTC, but at least you can get your foot into the crypto door.