FEDs Raised Interests Rates Today. Did You Know That?

You did? Why don’t you brag a little about your purchases then. Let’s see how good you were.

1 Like

Wise ! It is individual decision. This is exact replica of every Oct crash, settles bottom by Mar next year and takes 2 or more years to recover.

However, in this case, FED is linking another two rate hikes…and uncertainty over trade-war (Trump will not accept anything less than what he wants. China will not yield anything to Trump ) continues.

This drags the economy longer term than normal.

1 Like

Good luck establishing your cash position with your W2 paystubs…

1 Like

because it is obnoxious and annoying? And again, don’t assume you were “good”…maybe you were just lucky and the tide lifted all boats, including yours?

just be careful man, easy come, easy go. Some of us are probably a lot older than you and see ourselves in you 25 years ago…

1 Like

Thanks for revealing your age…

so? what, you are gonna brag about being young too? LOL… wow, a young lucky guy… you are so unique!

I’ll do it for 30% discount. Not as greedy as hanera. Must come with old age right ? @harriet :joy:

1 Like

Hard to discuss objectively when the market is red, who don’t have red eyes? How about blue-black?

That’s a funny graph. Why did the stock market go up from 2002 till 2007 then?

Do I need to keep a list of age?

Descending age
ptieman
Elt1
rent_and_vent
zensri
sheriff, 67
Jil
hanera, 60
buyinghouse, 59
sfdragonboy, 54
BA_Lurker
manch
marcus35
Terri
wuqijun, 40
tomato
Harriet
realestatebull
BAJacket, 30

2 Likes

You mean I hang out with mostly old farts. Such tragedy… :rofl:

2 Likes

You got it wrong, I am 67.

No way I am older than ever positive @buyinghouse

1 Like

Both are still clearly above the sub 2% numbers the US was posting before that. The stock market increased by how much while the US had <2% GDP growth quarter after quarter?

There were only a handful of quarters in recent years where the growth was 2% or lower. It was all over the map, with some quarters in excess of 4%

Fed has been revising growth estimate down:

Key difference this time is that we are paying for meager growth with a trillion dollar federal budget deficit. Tax cut didn’t increase at all our long term growth prospect. It’s pretty much money down the toilet.

2 Likes

Since the great recession, 16 quarters were below 2%.

Goldman:

The FOMC raised the funds rate target range to 2¼% -2½%, as widely expected. The median dot in the Summary of Economic Projections now shows a 2-1 baseline for rate hikes in 2019-2020, compared to 3-1 in September, but the average dot declined significantly, a dovish surprise suggesting broad endorsement of the new baseline. Changes to the post-meeting statement were generally dovish as well. While the growth characterization was more upbeat than we had expected, the policy guidance was a bit more dovish than we had expected.

I am always sweet sixteen :woman_fairy:

3 Likes

Trillion dollar federal budget deficit? Even NBC isn’t coming up with anything like that. And they admit revenues actually rose for 2018 so the effect of the tax cuts on the deficit was negligible. Taking out set-asides for all that crumbling infrastructure the last administration never fixed with IT’S trillion-plus dollar deficits and one-time costs for disaster relief we’re not even at half a trillion.

1 Like