FinTech: V MA PYPL SQ SOFI CHIME NU AFRM UPST MQ HOOD Plaid Stripe Adyen

Anthony Noto has taken a leaf from Elon Musk in compensating himself. Now, investors shouldn’t doubt that SOFI would eventually hit $45 :slight_smile: however, ST, price has peaked.

Screen Shot 2023-08-02 at 7.56.26 AM

Many analysts downgrading :sweat_smile: SOFI.
EW: $11.7 is likely completion of wave i, now in wave ii (retracing wave i, so far retraced 23.6% of wave i).

One unexpected competitor of SOFI is X :sweat_smile:

Those who didn’t own any SOFI, might be able to grab some at $8-$9…

Horrible performance of HOOD and PYPL drag the FinTech sector down…

Didn’t own PYPL and HOOD but they drag down SQ and SOFI which I have.

SoFi Technologies, Inc. (SOFI) - SoFi Named to CNBC World’s Top Fintech Companies 2023 List.

Good financial analysis.

Region… … … FinTech
USA … … … … SOFI, SQ
Latin America… NU
China… … … … WeChat, AliPay
ASEAN… … … SE Money, SQ
Africa… … … … SQ
PYPL is global.

A good analysis of why SOFI drops after earning… the usual culprit… SBC reaccelerating… hate to read CEO or analysts that claim such are not real expenses… ofc, they are.

PYPL is a controversial stock. Bulls claim Venmo can handle international transfers vs most can’t. Braintree is a supertech. However, bears claim that…

Me stop using PYPL since using Apple Pay. After Apple Pay, I notice the restaurants’ app is one of these: SQ, TOST and Clover. Who is still using PYPL?

Apple Pay can be used for online and POS transactions. Very easy to use.

FinTech/ Crypto/ Megacap would replace traditional banking and financial companies if these legacy institutions continue to behave like the mouse in the story, “Who moved my cheese”.

That’s the goal. Doesn’t mean will be achieved. I’m willing to be there with them.

Is he good?

Despite feeling upbeat about the potential prospects of aggressive share repurchases and earnings reversion, we still do not feel comfortable allocating capital to PayPal for the following reasons:
…PayPal’s moat is significantly challenged in an ever-fragmented market

For these reasons, we’re out for now.

Adyen crashed 36% today.

I think overall FinTech has been overhyped. There isn’t much tech involved to use bank API’s to move money around. Apple’s Apple Pay probably has way more innovations than most of the fintech startups out there.

1 Like

Fake news. Puru did DD and he is a retired hedge fund manager from HK :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Puru doubled down on Adyen. You should follow his lead.

Apple with its Apple Pay will kill a lot of these low tech fintech startups that are not much more than a flashy phone app. I think fintechs that also do hardware like square will be fine. Stripe has critical mass and does the tech part of fintech by providing plumbing should also be fine. V and MA of course would be fine.

Other than these few most other fintechs are trash.

How about PYPL?

What’s Paypal without Venmo? Even Venmo has lots of competition like Apple Pay, Cash App and Zelle.

SOFI :+1: