FinTech: V MA PYPL SQ SOFI CHIME NU AFRM UPST MQ HOOD Plaid Stripe Adyen

Is Better considered a fintech?

Crashed 94% on first day of trading.

It’s starting. Does anyone think BNPL default rates will be materially lower than CC ones?

Can’t conclude much from snapshots. What is the trend?

Apple Pay did very well given that it was launched by Apple in 2014. Apple Pay goes through Credit Cards, are these options exclude from credit card payment options?

PayPal started life in 1998 and IPO in 2002.

Huh? X can be molded into an everything apps. Can PYPL be molded similarly?

Why everybody want to buy PYPL? From independent research or because of social media?
PYPL is under heavy competition from everywhere.
Apple Pay, SQ, SOFI, ADYEY,… attacking from different direction.
I no longer use PYPL for online purchases… use Apple Pay.
I use Apple Pay, SQ and Toast for restaurants.
Apple Pay for all other purchases.
I seldom do cash transfers. Many possibilities here, Venmo, PYPL, cash app, Apple Cash, Zelle, TT, etc.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Kross_Roads/status/1700150738670780540
Most PYPL bulls are banking on Braintree.

Maybe I am clueless. I just feel that there isn’t much tech in fintech. Online payroll system is considered high tech?

JPMorgan Chase to offer online payroll services as it steps up fight with Square, PayPal

The tech is in reduced bureaucracy in processing, speedy transactions and ease of use.

Big four banks in Singapore have fintech offering… surprise to see big US banks taking their own sweet time… the belief is banking is all about relationship. They could be correct… SOFI focuses on new graduates who have high paying jobs but low net worth… SOFI is banking on these guys would remain with SOFI once they become wealthy… yet to be proven… time to tell.

Only META, X and SOFI have talked in public that they want to.
I am wondering whether it is strategic for Apple and Google to create one super app since they own a popular mobile OS.
Should the super app base off… a payment app, a social media app, a e-commerce app, a messaging app, …?

Apple’s install base is a huge edge. I see more and more apps and websites doing ApplePay.

Retail investors continue to BTFD while big? boys or smart? monies are dumping FinTech stocks.

Jesse is aggressive, buying very OTM calls.

Continue his aggressiveness into FinTech… not for the faint heart… btw, he is not betting for a double, he is betting for at least 10x…

He’s using some crazy leverage. Those really are moonshot bets. Betting on an ETF to double by Jan 2025 is crazy. Granted, it doesn’t need to happen. A short-term pop should make the value of the options sky rocket. I still think it’s closer to gambling than investing.

That’s exactly what he wants to see happen. When that happen, he would close the options and plough proceeds into his favorite LT stocks e.g. TSLA :wink: … buy shares only.

1 Like

Does anyone here actually bank with SoFi? It seems appealing since they have banking, taxable investment accounts, and IRA accounts as options.

SOFI is for people with high pays but not yet rich. Most bloggers here are already :money_mouth_face:

Are you saying old people can’t adapt to new technology and use apps? I loathe anything where I have to deal with people who are going to try selling me stuff.

SOFI is still a new company. Do you want to entrust your millions with them? Or with JPM BAC C? Bears argue that many customers would migrate to the top threes once they are rich.

Which money you worried about? Brokerage money is as safe as the market is. It’s always your account unless you’re doing some unregulated crypto stuff.

As for FDIC:

That’s even safer. It’s spread across multiple banks at $250k each for $2M of total coverage.

Bears are not referring to losing their money, they fear that the monies got stuck for a while resulting in cashflow issue. Common belief that the big threes won’t have bank runs.

Are you planning to move all your monies to SOFI? If you do, is a big win for SOFI. Their business model works!