Forget Mission Impossible, I'M Waiting For Crazy, Rich Asians!

I forgot everything about that period…

Do SG kids need to learn Chinese history?

He forgot about Chinese history. The period ruled by minority races was “5 barbarians and 16 kingdoms” which preceeded the Tang not the one following it.

I was referring to ah lushan. Tang emperor trusted him and gave him a large army to control even though he is a mongol.

OMG, you said that Asians didn’t do anything and that’s not ripping our people? And what false praises are we alluding to, Sir? Most of the people, Asians or not, who came to this country eons ago had nothing and the fortunate ones made it, through blood and sweat. Anyone who knows anything knows Asians had it rough in this country from the get go. Agreed, a lot of people did. But we didn’t stop and complain and just demand that the government give us all handouts. How do you honestly think we got to this point, from solely food stamps and recycling cans? God, you went to Cal, right? Could have fooled me…

Stop this nonsense. You are stretching it too far and your level of personal attack is not called for. I’m not going to use the same kind of words against you based on the history we shared on this forum, but you are way out of line. Any more insult from you and I will not respond to you or your posts ever again.

Anyone watched yet?

I am on for tomorrow night. Hopefully, the theater is packed. I want to see Asians there who are loud and proud of their peeps, unlike apparently someone here… unbelievable

You can take your false praises and shove it…

So asians look like each other, is that what s/he is saying?

I guess I need to step back and look at why you and some of the others are being knuckleheads (literally) about this movie. Aahh, the commonality (well, the most important one maybe) is that you cats are young. Perhaps you didn’t get the racial digs as a young man or girl in school. You didn’t grow up feeling like a 3rd class citizen. 2nd class citizenry, was, hitting the lottery.

Ask yourself this, why is that there hasn’t been a major motion picture like this since The Joy Luck Club (fantastic, by the way… the women, all of them are gorgeous)??? Did you kind of understand why African Americans went gaga over The Black Panther??? Well, hate to burst anyone’s bubble, but Hollywood is The Man. It has always been The Man, and it doesn’t really want to not be The Man, but… it does like green, the green of money. Like it or not, and I have said it before, justice can be served via the green route. If you have money, you have a certain degree of power and control. Asians, well, have it. Gobs of it. Again, I point to Bruce Lee as a perfect example. This guy is relegated to be the driver to the Green Hornet. Maybe not as preposterous back then (I was a tad too young) but when you look back at it it is not only absurd but truly laughable. How about the old Kung Fu tv series? A white man is cast to play a chinese guy. Wow, aren’t there billions of chinese guys out there??? It continues of course even today. I understand there is some folks upset over the casting of the Iron Fist character in the tv series. What, Donny Yen was too busy to take the role???

Yes, just read some of the columns by Asian Americans. You can feel their joy (mostly) for what this movie does, or does not do, but it is generally positive. Think of it this way or turn it around. For grown people to behave this way about a movie, a freaking movie, isn’t that an indication that wow they must have been really treated badly for so long and now they feel like they are liberated to a certain extent? Or, think of it this way… this morsel of food is like a filet mignon to a starving person…

Yes, this movie is fluffy and I plan to really enjoy it tonight…

1 Like

Did you watch “Fresh off the Boat”? First Asian American TV series ever.

1 Like

You wrote a bunch. I made a joke. You don’t have sense of humor :slight_smile:

1 Like

A pretty good thread. Click to read more.

Time for her to change her name from Kimberly Yam to Yam Li Ying.
Similarly, manch hon should change his name to Hon Ming Chee.

She said she tattooed her name to her wrist but I can’t read what that is…

Really? WTF?

Oops I’m meant 任 as in 任我行