Forget Mission Impossible, I'M Waiting For Crazy, Rich Asians!

任盈盈

This ying ying looks sad…

I don’t know what’s there to celebrate about a movie with an all Asian cast. It’s like working for an Asian CEO in America with all Asians in the company. The day to celebrate is when an Asian plays the lead role in Spiderman with a multiracial cast.

Already happened in the 90s: Jacky Chan.

@sfdragonboy said it belongs to the stereotypical kung fu genre. It needs to be an American classic (i.e. Marvel) that is traditionally played by a Caucasian.

How about chow yun fat in “the king and I”?

That doesn’t count because he plays as the Thai king - a role that is not traditionally played by a Caucasian. It’d work if he’s the lead actor in Austin Powers.

Was played by Yul Brynner who was Caucasian.

That is the next movie I was going to suggest, but not a good role model for Asians because of the overt sexual nature of the film.

But there’s race tied to it. The original movie doesn’t make any sense. I am advocating for Chow Yun Fat to play Austin Powers.

Asians can only play Asians. Does white people singing Beijing opera look odd to you?

Yul Brynner was born in Vladivostok, and may have had Asian blood. He was part Mongol, or Buryat
background and early life for the press, claiming that he was born “Taidje Khan” of part-Mongol parentage, on the Russian island of Sakhalin.[6] In reality of Swiss-German, Russian, and partial Buryat ancestry

He often was cast in non Caucasian roles.

If White people sing Beijing opera then that’s the day they should celebrate their “breakthrough” in China.

Might have but he looks pretty white to me… :slight_smile:

They’re not interested in such breakthrough.

Uh, you don’t get it. I knew YOU were kidding, but that’s what the others said too back then. Oh, you are just being sensitive. Have some tough skin. Ch*** - ch*** that. It means nothing. Slanted eyes mean nothing, nothing…

Until you actually walk in the shoes of the oppressed, your opinion means sheet…

That’s even worse… white leading actor with Asian supporting cast. Stereotypically Hollywood :rofl: