Gavin Newsom Will Be President One Day

Federal taxes. 40%+ aren’t paying any federal income tax. Social security and medicare go to fund those programs specifically which people receive the benefits. Plus, 90% of people will receive more benefits than they paid into them.

2 Likes

It is certainly not black or white (I am hoping anyway). I just don’t want someone who has never done it to be setting policy without a frame of reference and experience behind it. It is like if someone came on here and said, oh yeah, renting and owning rental property is a piece of cake, you can do it yourself blindfolded when he hasn’t issued one rental app to anyone in his life. Sure, his customers in Cali will be largely Democrats and we can’t get around that but I still expect him to think of the others.

Take for example this idea of punishing cities if they don’t build affordable housing. So, at least he is not directly taking money from the haves and giving it to the have nots. Instead, he is trying to say you get less from the overall pot if you don’t act.

I thought he was outright suing them. Did I misunderstand?

He is, but I am referencing his original proposed plan which called for a city to not get some of the funds if not meeting targets. I guess he decided to go for the jugular…

Sure. If you’re rich enough to not want low-income housing, you’re rich enough to not need state funds.

I don’t appreciate him going for the jugular.

Every city has to pitch in. I think if you look at the targets, they are not extreme or outrageous by any means. All hands on deck!!!

Why? Why not pitch in $$ that can be used at other cities to fund the buildings?

No, it is beyond money. It is just a matter of principle. So tell me Mom, let’s say one of your kids tells his/her sibling that he/she would pay him/her to do his chores for him? Is that ok?

Ooooh. Great question. In general, I would find that acceptable. But I would encourage the sibling not to undercharge for their time.

Activities jumped over the wall/fence of Garvin Newsom Mansion. Newsom had them arrested by armed guards and police.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/01/breaking-laura-loomer-storms-ca-governors-mansion-wall-in-sombrero-and-poncho-gets-arrested-video/

1 Like

First “day” on the job as CA governor, his long term ambitions to be President are so blatant that he can’t hide it even if he tried. Generally, people use their past accomplishments to get a better job(i.e. do a great job as CA gov & then go for national level) & as far as I know his record as a San Francisco mayor wasn’t good.

2 Likes

CA tax $s at work :roll_eyes:

1 Like

“Newsom said he’s figuring out in real time what more California can do to help tackle the root causes of migration, namely deep poverty and gang violence. El Salvador is one of the world’s most violent countries, with the gangs MS-13 and Barrio 18 exerting strong control. The minimum wage is just $300 per month.”

That commentary is deeply offensive. You can’t point out negative facts about a country. It’s racist.

California can’t even fix its own poverty problems, and now it’s going to help a foreign country do it? That’s laughable.

1 Like

Now she’s the bread winner :slight_smile:

1 Like

Someone gave me this book but it’s collecting dust.

2 Likes

Selling book is one of the oldest tricks for politicians to get paid for their political-favors. Legally.

‘Someone’ will buy a huge number of their book in the open market, so they will have a huge amount of money in their bank.

The bigger the political-favor, the more books they sell.

I hope they’re all ebooks, otherwise that’s soooooooo bad for the environment.

I think any prez candidate doing that should be forced to undergo counselling by AOC.

1 Like

Um, how is there zero talk that Newsom will likely face a recall vote this year?

2 Likes

everyone agrees that he should go? :smiley: