Google, San Jose plan search giant’s downtown expansion; up to 20,000 jobs possible

You can always buy rentals down in SJ. I bet there is tons more upside in SJ, looking at how things are shaking out in Sunnyvale and Santa Clara. If HSR actually gets built, I am starting to realize the biggest beneficiary might be San Jose. It suddenly becomes a regional hub. That Diridon area will be golden.

I have been the only one cheering for ESJ. There’s a talk about the Alum Rock area becoming expensive sooner than later. But who cares, I am OK here anyway.

1 Like

I am seeing the little saigon area catching fire. To me that’s east San Jose but I saw agents call it “central San Jose” instead.

Yes, I also like to call my home a Saratoga one even though it is really located in San Jose… :rofl:

1 Like

There’s no way BART and HSR are done on time. If google waits, it’ll be 2030 at the earliest.

Plant 51 condos were high $400’s to low $500’s at one time. I remember looking at them. The quality of the cabinets and everything was terrible. I’m not surprised that they’ve doubled though. Most of downtown has doubled.

1 Like

Yes, no NIMBYs here…

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-01/google-s-growing-empire-seen-transforming-biggest-bay-area-city

2 Likes

I have been visiting my Realtors friends at their open houses and recruiting them for my business. The best time ever for me.

I’ve noticed that the part of San Jose, the East side is getting so many visitors when the realtors have their open houses.

That’s the side of SJ I told you guys about.

Project moving along. Bullish.

4 Likes

Whoever has money to fix these homes,strong cash, go for it. You will not be disappointed here.

2 Likes

Love the first one. Good bones, good layout.

First one needs probably $150K+ to rehab. How much does a fully remodeled home sell for in this area?

1 Like

Schools are pretty bad though!!

If you get these homes at the listed price, you are really lucky. First one needs purchase price + 150k-200k cash to remodel. Second one, just make it rental for few years until google complex is built, and then see the value. It is a 9000 lot with R2, means you can have two attached homes or TH style home. Buyer needs 25% cash down, some minor remodel to make it rental, hold for 5 to 7 years, then sure to get 1M cash when they build brand new two houses (Zoning: R2). This can be done without even good schools.

Hunger strike? Are you kidding me? What’s wrong with people?

What do they want to happen instead?

They want no progress, meaning no new buildings, no new housing, no nothing. Stupid idiots!!! They are the same people essentially who protested in the Fab 7x7 over a 100 PERCENT AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROJECT!!! Come on!!!

2 Likes

See, this is what you get when you achieve world class city status…

Sorry, I am not going to be the least guilty to keep that green sign up at my holiday Brazilian churrasco lunch today…bring on the meats!!!

I don’t get why we feel the need to house homeless in the most expensive areas. I doubt they have family in the area, or they wouldn’t be homeless. We should setup housing and work training in affordable cities to help them get back on their feet. The programs would cost far less than doing what we do in expensive cities which isn’t doing anything to reduce how many homeless.

The homeless have become a massive industrial complex that employs too many people. They care more about maintaining their funding and jobs than actually fixing the homeless problem. If they fix the problem, they’d work themselves out of a job.

1 Like