Gun Control

MAGA!

That’s almost all blue since 1932. If Democrats care so much about all the stuff they say, then why haven’t they passed legislation that reflects it? They had decades where they could have regulated guns, indexed minimum wage to inflation, implemented paid parental leave, helped the dreamers, etc. They didn’t do any of it. Instead, we got Obamacare which was written by lobbyists.

Some people are so stupid to check history. They act as a teenagers with “oh, what about”. They are just so stupid to not know about filibusters, checks and balances, and so on. I am taken aback by so much stupidity.

The troubled teen authorities say killed 17 people at a Florida high school excelled in an air-rifle marksmanship program supported by a grant from the National Rifle Association Foundation, part of a multimillion-dollar effort by the gun group to support youth shooting clubs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shooting-suspect-was-on-school-rifle-team-that-got-nra-grant/ar-BBJeaZ0?ocid=spartanntp

Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader and the man who came to represent the partisan gridlock that marked much of the President’s first term in office after an election night comment in which he vowed to prioritize making Obama a one-term president, has commented on the failure of his stated mission on the eve of Obama’s re-election.

Liar, liar, pants of fire!

A little over a month after his inauguration, on Feb. 28, 2017,

President Trump signed HJ Resolution 40, a bill that made it easier for people with mental illness to obtain guns.

CBS News then asked the White House to release the photograph of Mr. Trump signing the bill, making the request a total of 12 times.
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders finally responded to repeated emails and phone calls with a one-line note on April 19, 2017, writing to CBS News, “We don’t plan to release the picture at this time.”

Wow, that from the guy that was blasting Republicans for not repealing Obamacare when they only have 51 seats in the Senate. You’ve been blasting Republicans for not passing things since Trump was elected. That’s hilarious.

In 2010, Republicans gained control of the House and Senate. Maybe you don’t remember the landslide of Democrat losses.

Um, that article proces Acre’s point. Even the ACLU supported it.

You should spend your time studying up on compound vs simple interest so you actually can spot the difference.

Blah, blah, blah. Deflect! Like a paid Russian bot!

“CBS News also noted that the rule Trump overturned “would have added about 75,000 names of mentally ill Americans to a database that would have stopped them from buying a gun.” Instead, the NRA-owned president decided these individuals should have access to high-power weaponry.”

Did that make a difference in the shooting? You love to accuse people of deflecting. You’re talking about a bill that had zero impact on the situation.

How many laws were broken by the shooter? Do you think another law would have stopped him from killing anyone? We have armed guards protecting money. We won’t put armed guards in schools. Are we saying kids are less important than money?

How is a gun law going to be any more effective than drug laws in keeping guns away from criminals? Drugs are illegal, and are killing 3x more people than guns. We have 300M legal guns in the US yet illegal drugs kill more people a year.

Now you can deflect some more.

Why is the USA a special snowflake when it comes to mass shootings?

1 Like

Any of you ever fired an AR15? Much easier to shoot than a pistol. As easy to shoot as a .22. But ten times more deadly. No recoil. Can knock off 30 rounds in semi automatic mode in just a few seconds. Can stick your thumb in your belt loop and turn it into fully auto just like a bump stock.
You could hold one in each hand and fire like pistols. They even make pistols for the .223cartridges. It is such a deadly round because it tumbles in the body. A pistol bullet is stubby and stable. The .223 bullet is long and tumbles on impact. Shreds your guts. A chest or belly wound is almost always fatal.

Fully auto with your thumb in your belt loop. Takes a little practice. In fact with practice you can shoot fully auto with just the correct finger placement.

2 Likes

Other countries have mass killings. How many mass shooters would be on the streets in other countries vs committed to a psychiatric facility? In the US, it’s very rare we compel people to stay. They can leave care at any time. The US has far more mental health issues than other countries. We prescribe anti depressants and anti anxiety meds at far higher rates. We are consuming 80% of the prescription drugs in the world. We also allow food chemicals that aren’t allowed in other countries. It’s rare to find a mass killer without a history of depression and/or anxiety.

Also, US media coverage sensationalizes the killer. They suddenly become a household name, and reporters are sharing every detail they can find about them. Many of the mass killers talk about their desire to be known and have fame. The amount of coverage makes it easy for potential killers to study the prior ones. Try finding one of those kids that didn’t watch the Columbine movie.

As I said, don’t listen to that dumb voice supporting the killing of American kids in schools. The poor guy, as you know, wouldn’t be a good guest at your table. Or at the funeral of one of your loved ones, he would pull a “report” showing how many people die while drinking a beer, and then he would tell you that your loved one deserved it because many more are dead by swallowing a hamburger.

This narcissist guy is just a troll, he doesn’t have emotions. Nor kids to be talking about shootings. Period!

“A person close to Cruz contacted an FBI national tipline on Jan. 5 with concerns about the young man’s “gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting,” the agency said in a news release.”

The full article is worth a read. There’s no way someone can read that and think banning the AR 15 would have kept him from killing lots of people. He was going to do massive harm one way or another.

Muskets make for good gun control

How much prison time would people get for illegally owning a gun? You know gangs will still have and use them. Now you’ll add another crime and even longer sentences. Prisons are already over crowded, so prisoners get early release. California already does early release for non-violent criminals, so which violent criminal would you release to make room for gun possession sentences? You can’t add more prisoners without releasing existing ones.

Who’s willing to have an increase in assault, sexual assault, and burglary the way Australia did? That’s only going to make prison over crowding even worse.

Is that you Ted the vampire Cruz?

It must be you, no doubt.

Smiling for the cameras while parents are crying over the death of their kids?

Who wants to bet he is playing golf? Golf? Wait! Only idiots believed him when he said he wouldn’t, right?

Any takers?

Good!

Finally somebody making sense.

Now, we have to convince the bunch of idiots with their “don’t do nothing” propaganda.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/prominent-republican-donor-issues-ultimatum-on-assault-weapons/ar-BBJg5E7?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

I love when people understand they are defending a losing proposition.

Hm… did you read the article?? I really question on everything you post.
first let me clear my position, i don’t own any AR-15

From your article:
After he walked me through the paperwork, all five pages of it, I told him I changed my mind and wanted to think more before I bought an AR-15.

So basically this young man did not go through the whole process, he did not purchase the AR-15.
The gun store don’t do background check, he didn’t even file the paperwork
correct me if i’m wrong for those with more knowledge on this topic

2 Likes